5.7 Performance Part Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Anthony Bulger
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well taking a quick look under the hood last night, I noticed that it really doesn't seem like a lot of room above the current Intake and Cover for the 6.4L intake, let alone with a cover.

Nor did I realize the motor is so far in there, might be a tight workspace, of course, it sure as hell doesn't help that I'm on 37's lol.

My Workbench is a God Sin for us short 6'1" people lol....

Attachments

• Dirty-Engine-1.jpg
    Dirty-Engine-1.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 13
  • Dirty-Engine.jpg
    Dirty-Engine.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 13
  • GodSin.jpg
    GodSin.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 13
OP
OP
Anthony Bulger
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Today I did to do some maintenance on the truck. During the winter freeze, I thought I had given enough time for the washer lines to thaw out, and well I guess I hadn't so the pressure blew of the hoses from the nozzles. Anyway, I pulled the hood heat shield off and fixed it. Well last night when to use the washer and nothing. Figured I'd used up the fluid. Nope completely full.

So, this morning I decided to re-remove the heat shield and sure enough the darn passenger line had popped loose from the nozzle this time.

First off, I hate the darn cheap Retainer Clips as they seem to only be one time use.
hood clip.jpg

To pull out the nozzle is a bit tricky since it's under the lip of the hood. You have to pull it part way out and depress the top tab in the middle on the nozzle to release it.
WashNoz.png

I went ahead and Zip tied each nozzle and hose connection so hopefully I'll never have to deal with it again.
WasherNPass.jpgWasherNDri.jpg

I also pulled off the Cowl Trim on top of the hood, that's a PITA. Was a bit shocked it was so dirty under it. May have to consider doing something to correct that.
HoodCowlRemoved.jpgRemovedCowl.jpg

I have been wanting to do some cosmetic upgrades to while I'm at it and one has been doing something on the hood like the Appliqué <What we adults call a Sticker or Decal), that my Trail Hawk has. I also think I will black out the center of the taillight like it is on the Rebels, since my Sports is just plain. I pulled off the 1500 badges too, I may touch these up or 3D print something to replace them. Not real sure there, It's a darn shame I can't turn them into gun ports for dealing with traffic lol.

Kind of disappointed how the front vents on the hood are not real, and it looks like it be pretty involved to make them functional.

Attachments

• HoodVentDri.jpg
    HoodVentDri.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 4
  • HoodVentPass.jpg
    HoodVentPass.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 4
  • SideEmblemFront.jpg
    SideEmblemFront.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 4
  • SideEmblemRear.jpg
    SideEmblemRear.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 4
  • TailLightProject.jpg
    TailLightProject.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 5
OP
OP
Anthony Bulger
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Also, I'm guessing I'm a little confused with some of these write ups on the 6.4L swap. Some of them are using a MSD8969 Timmer module to control the variable intake runners. I'm guessing this is either a requirement on the cars or say an older 5.7L that's being converted?

Because doesn't my 5.7L already have this in the back, and I just need to extend the wiring. Again I'm in a 2019 DT 5.7L.

ABTruck.jpg

OP
OP
Anthony Bulger
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Look at what I found.
2500.jpg

And all I had to do was buy a case of beer for someone.
Intake.jpg

He was even nice enough to pull it off the truck for me. I might have to take him to lunch.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Look at what I found.
View attachment 515253

And all I had to do was buy a case of beer for someone.
View attachment 515254

He was even nice enough to pull it off the truck for me. I might have to take him to lunch.
If i had that intake,the first thing i'd do,is strip it down to a bare intake,and then take it over to my local coin-op carwash and hose the hell out of the outside and inside of it. You'll need to flip the fuel rails,and hit up MMX for one of the SRV harnesses and egr block off plate.Nows a good time to port it.

OP
OP
Anthony Bulger
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If i had that intake,the first thing i'd do,is strip it down to a bare intake,and then take it over to my local coin-op carwash and hose the hell out of the outside and inside of it. You'll need to flip the fuel rails,and hit up MMX for one of the SRV harnesses and egr block off plate.Nows a good time to port it.

Oh, I plan to clean it up, once I get a chance to strip it down.

Thanks for the porting link, I was thinking about that as I have access to a flow bench. I'm just curious about the difference in grinding the composite compared to the cast. I would assume I might have to get some different bits for it. I'll check that out.

1. I'll run the injectors over to a buddy to have him run them thru his cleaner and probably put new seals on them.
2. Flush out the rails.
3. Clean up the intake, Make it shiny.
4. Order new gaskets for it.
5. Make a blockoff for the EGR.

Now the SRV harness is just an extension jumper?

OP
OP
Anthony Bulger
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’ll buy the both of you lunch if he can get me one too!
I'd be happy to give him a call Monday if you seriously want one, just PM me. I would imagine he has a couple laying around in his yard, after all he runs one of the biggest part recyclers in Dallas.

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You can get the block off plate from the dealer for like 15$ now .
I just extended the wires myself. Cut solder heat shrink.

OP
OP
Anthony Bulger
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You can get the block off plate from the dealer for like 15$ now .
I just extended the wires myself. Cut solder heat shrink.
Really? Have a part number or something for it? That might be easier in the long run. lol

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Last edited:

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Oh, I plan to clean it up, once I get a chance to strip it down.

Thanks for the porting link, I was thinking about that as I have access to a flow bench. I'm just curious about the difference in grinding the composite compared to the cast. I would assume I might have to get some different bits for it. I'll check that out.

1. I'll run the injectors over to a buddy to have him run them thru his cleaner and probably put new seals on them.
2. Flush out the rails.
3. Clean up the intake, Make it shiny.
4. Order new gaskets for it.
5. Make a blockoff for the EGR.

Now the SRV harness is just an extension jumper?
Sanding cartiridge rolls , a small carbide bit and a 3 inch sanding wheel are all i've ever used to port them.Pretty well everything the guy is using in the porting video is all you need

OP
OP
Anthony Bulger
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sanding cartiridge rolls , a small carbide bit and a 3 inch sanding wheel are all i've ever used to port them.Pretty well everything the guy is using in the porting video is all you need
Luckily I have all those in my tool box.

The Remflex gaskets showed up today. Wow, those are different from the others. Nice and thick.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I ordered the same gaskets, should be here Monday. Glad to hear they’re still made of quality material.
They're a graphite gasket Austin,totally differant then what you think a normal gasket should look like.They'll also make your hands a bit grimy,lol. Do not bend them,as they'll break if you flex them to far.

1SloRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They're a graphite gasket Austin,totally differant then what you think a normal gasket should look like.They'll also make your hands a bit grimy,lol. Do not bend them,as they'll break if you flex them to far.
I’m glad you said something, I’d had sent them back you’re the one who sold me on them, can’t wait to see these things.

OP
OP
Anthony Bulger
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here are some images to show the difference between the Kooks and the RemFlex gaskets.

Attachments

• IMG_8597.jpg
    IMG_8597.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_8598.jpg
    IMG_8598.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_8599.jpg
    IMG_8599.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 13

evolizzee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did you get everything installed? Any issues? Loving the difference in power?