5100 Install - Sterring knuckle hitting lower uca

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EMDubYa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Installed the 5100's on my 2009 4x4 over a year ago and recently I have been getting a lot f squeaking and knocking in the front end when going over speed bumps or any kind of large bump in the road. The knocking sound seems to come when front suspension is fully compressed and then springs back. Also, I can see where the knuckle/spindle has been hitting the lower UCA. Ball joints don't seem to be in bad shape but I haven't fully checked them. I do feel like the front is very springy when hitting bumps and literally feels like it wants to jump after being compressed and returning to normal. Pics attached show where the damage to the back of the spindle is happening and it's consistent on both driver and passenger side. Any thoughts? I'm getting annoyed with it and am about to switch to the Carlie commuter kit since the 5100's feel harsh on the Houston pavement.

IMG_5221.jpg

IMG_5220.jpg

CunningStunt

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi 4X4 Crew White/Chrome
What are bills height set at? Did you install the small washer in the proper location? I have read that many people intuitively assume that the washer goes just before the upper strut nut, but it's actually on the back side before being installed into upper strut plate...directions say that BUT it's kinda vague and heard about some noise issues if installed incorrectly.

CLOUDL1GHT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins HO
That's the steering stop. It's always going to look like that because they are supposed to hit. I was having the same issues with my bilsteins and what got rid of all of the noise was replacing my upper control arms with Total Chaos uniball arms. Tightened up the steering SO much too and its great.

The springy-ness idk about that. Then again I have a heavy bumper on the front anyways that weighs them down