6 inch lift. Smooth ride, or bumpy one?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grimace

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Recently got my new 2015 RAM 1500 Sport, and I saw a 2014 ram 1500 sport with a 6 inch lift on some 35's. Was pure ****** vibes haha. But I don't want to sacrifice comfort of the ride. What's your thoughts/opinions? Will a 6 inch make my ride less smooth? More stiff? More bumpy? Best brands of lifts? I'm going to go through the dealership to get it installed so it will be covered by their warranty.

wildkarde

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm lifted 6 inches. It's fine on smooth roads. The suspension is a bit stiff on rough terrain but doesn't jar you all that much. I drove 1000 miles of highway when I first got it, even the road noise from the MT tires eventually becomes a dull drone.

RamWrayzor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine rides better than stock. (6" zone lift, Bilstiens up front and 35" tires) I have AT tires and can barley hear them going down the road.

JCARTER7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine rides better than stock. (6" zone lift, Bilstiens up front and 35" tires) I have AT tires and can barley hear them going down the road.

do you have a pic. what are ur bils set at

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited
Engine
6.7 Cummins - Tuned and Deleted
If you put on a good quality suspension lift with Bilsteins up front and good shocks on the back end a 6" lift will ride better than stock hands down. You won't be sacrificing anything. I'd definitely go for it!