6" lift with 2.8" bilsteins

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello there I just lifted my 2013 ram 1500 now I want a bit more lift got the bilsteins coming going to set them at 2.8 and add a rear coil spacer just seeing if anyone has any pics of this. I have searched a lot but could not find much on a 2013. Also what size rear spacer are you running thinking 1.5 would be perfect level with the 2.8 bilsteins. Post your pics thanks

moparmorris

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It's a little rougher ride but I think a lot of that has to do with the extra weight of the 37's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
2 things to remember

1. If you're going to set the bils at 2.8 replace the UCA'S if you haven't already. You'll pop ball joints in the stock arms if you go that high.

2. If you ever plan to tow or put weight in the back you'll squat down hard if the truck is level. When I lifted mine I wanted 1" rake to help me out when I tow. With a four-wheeler in the back and my airbags set at 18 lbs it drops 1 inch (truck rides perfectly level). Without that rake it would be squatting

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

IGarbutt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2 things to remember

1. If you're going to set the bils at 2.8 replace the UCA'S if you haven't already. You'll pop ball joints in the stock arms if you go that high.

2. If you ever plan to tow or put weight in the back you'll squat down hard if the truck is level. When I lifted mine I wanted 1" rake to help me out when I tow. With a four-wheeler in the back and my airbags set at 18 lbs it drops 1 inch (truck rides perfectly level). Without that rake it would be squatting

i know this is probably a stupid question but i debating the whole 2.8 2.1 crap... a 6" lift kit comes with new UCA's right?

also has anyone had a problem running them at 2.8? i plan on doing no towing. especially with the sponsor i just got we are building a sound system in the bed of the truck

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
i know this is probably a stupid question but i debating the whole 2.8 2.1 crap... a 6" lift kit comes with new UCA's right?

also has anyone had a problem running them at 2.8? i plan on doing no towing. especially with the sponsor i just got we are building a sound system in the bed of the truck
I really don't know, I just wanted the OP to make sure he wasn't using OEM upper control arms if he was going to run bils at 2.8.

Even if you don't tow or anything running bils at 2.8 with OEM arms is a ticking time bomb. You can try it, but chances are that a ball joint will go on you!

IGarbutt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I really don't know, I just wanted the OP to make sure he wasn't using OEM upper control arms if he was going to run bils at 2.8.

Even if you don't tow or anything running bils at 2.8 with OEM arms is a ticking time bomb. You can try it, but chances are that a ball joint will go on you!

well crap my lift doesn't come with aftermarket control arms will have to look into some

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
well crap my lift doesn't come with aftermarket control arms will have to look into some
Mevotech arms are great and cost effective!

OP
OP
L
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have zone upper control arms ordered up and going to get the icon dynamic rear coil springs 1.5 with it so should be pretty good after that.

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
I have zone upper control arms ordered up and going to get the icon dynamic rear coil springs 1.5 with it so should be pretty good after that.
Sounds like a good build! Zone UCA'S are great quality!
where did you order yours from
Rock Auto, one of the sponcers on here! They were I believe $40 shipping and it arrived in 4 days!

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Thanks would rather change when installing lift then after the fact
Yeah H&H installed mine for free since he had the front end apart for the lift!

OP
OP
L
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The coil springs came in I will post pics this weekend hope I will not have alignment issues