7" evic upgrade worth the money?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

max2bob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 392
i have a 2014 2500 tradesman with the 3.5"evic. i have been thinking about upgrading the cluster for many years and just do not know if it is worth spending the money on it. for anyone that has already performed the upgrade , would you do it again and why ?

buckeyexx

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I did the upgrade in my 2015 2500 and was much better than the smaller screen. You have more info available and the premium screen is customizable so you can actually add different gauges to the the main screen. It was definitely worth the upgrade and would do it again. Just remember you need to have the cluster mileage corrected on the new one. Your miles and engine hours do not transfer so need to be corrected with software. I bought mine on ebay and had the seller do mine before shipping.

ncbeachbum

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8
I put a 7" EVIC in my 2014 1500 Express several years ago. I like having the extra information (which is customizable) always in front of me. I have the time, temperature, compass direction and range displayed as well as coolant temperature, battery voltage, oil temperature, oil pressure, and transmission temperature gauges always displayed. Other information is easily scrolled through. I would do it again.

Cluster.jpg

2003F350

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
I walked on a few trucks that had the smaller EVIC - I like the customizable screens and having more information in front of me at all times. Yes, it led me to having some options I didn't really want or need on the truck, but honestly it's worth it to have that screen alone.

OP
OP
M

max2bob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 392
thank you all , that is the information i am needing and it sounds like it is worth it and also that is why i would get it is for more displayed information.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I think you'll be happy with the upgrade. I didn't upgrade one, but the 2015 Tradesman EcoDiesel I used to own had the small screen. My girlfriend at the time had a 2016 Laramie with the larger display and I really wanted to upgrade to that. In the end I just upgraded the entire truck to a higher level which came with the larger evic.

OP
OP
M

max2bob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 392
I think you'll be happy with the upgrade. I didn't upgrade one, but the 2015 Tradesman EcoDiesel I used to own had the small screen. My girlfriend at the time had a 2016 Laramie with the larger display and I really wanted to upgrade to that. In the end I just upgraded the entire truck to a higher level which came with the larger evic.
thank you , that is very helpful

OP
OP
M

max2bob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 392
thank you for everyone that responded to my question. i purchased my cluster from oem solutions and installed it a few weeks ago. took the truck out for the first time yesterday (truck gained 200 lbs on this trip) and yes the cluster is very , very nice. very nice upgrade and so much information can be on display at one time. i really like it .IMG_0994.jpgIMG_0992.jpg

2003F350

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Yeah I definitely won't go back to the small screens for the EVIC.

As a side note, on newer trucks (at least 2017, maybe 2016) you can also have digital gauges on the RHS of the EVIC along with those you have on the left.