8” rear drop?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Calrizzi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7hemi
I’ve recently seen multiple trucks on Instagram with a static 8”rear drop. I was under the impression that the lowest I could go static was 7”. Anybody have experience with how to make it happen? Noteworthy that this is my daily and not a show truck

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I’ve recently seen multiple trucks on Instagram with a static 8”rear drop. I was under the impression that the lowest I could go static was 7”. Anybody have experience with how to make it happen? Noteworthy that this is my daily and not a show truck

Haven't seen a Ram with an actual 8" static drop on the rear,but that would have to entail some fairly major surgery with at very mininium a frame notch with probably relocated upper shock mounts and custom diff brackets,plus a full air ride set-up.That would be something you'd probably want to let a very qualified suspension shop do,as it's going to entail a fair bit of welding.

OP
OP
Calrizzi

Calrizzi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7hemi
That’s kinda what I was thinking just wasn’t sure if I was missing something obvious or if it was just a c-notch and where to purchase

1SloRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Been thinking of the same , but the more I read into it, the more I’m thinking it’s best to stay with my 2/4 drop. Even the 5/7 drop gets pricey with those IHC control arms.

OP
OP
Calrizzi

Calrizzi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7hemi
I’ve got the 2/4 Belltech that I cut down in the rear to 5.5 and IHC cut kit. I’m gonna cut another inch all around for sure but was contemplating adding spindles and going down to 5/7 or hopefully 8 just because I prefer to keep the rake minimal

Midnight Storm

One Badass Ram
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’ve got the 2/4 Belltech that I cut down in the rear to 5.5 and IHC cut kit. I’m gonna cut another inch all around for sure but was contemplating adding spindles and going down to 5/7 or hopefully 8 just because I prefer to keep the rake minimal
What rear shocks are you running with the 5.5? Are you happy with the kit?

1SloRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The cut kit required for 6” rear drop? How’s the ride so far?

OP
OP
Calrizzi

Calrizzi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7hemi
What rear shocks are you running with the 5.5? Are you happy with the kit?
I’m really happy with the kit. Kinda a pain to install because I don’t have a plasma cutter but it rides better after adding the kit and cutting down to 5.5” than it did at 4” without the brackets. I bought bell tech street performance shocks but ended up going back to the stock shocks all around because it rode better.

OP
OP
Calrizzi

Calrizzi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7hemi
The cut kit required for 6” rear drop? How’s the ride so far?
Yeah they recommend the cut kit for 5.5” and lower and it’s great. Rides better than with the 2/4 bell tech kit

1SloRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah they recommend the cut kit for 5.5” and lower and it’s great. Rides better than with the 2/4 bell tech kit
I have the no cut kit. Heard a trick to achieve the 6” drop with it. They were a PITA to install. Your drop looks good.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357