8.4 radio issue does anyone else have this problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You sure it's not an issue with some sort of update apple did and not the radio? My 8.4 and android phone work flawless, never had an issue with it.

/

It very well could be the Apple phone. I've had 2 recent updates for the newest iOS version. That's when I've noticed the delay in the controls, and also my text messages have quit coming through the stereo.

I figured it was because of the iOS updates and the radio not keeping up with it... Which sounds dumb when I typed it out, but wouldn't surprise me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Chief_6.7

Chief_6.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
You sure it's not an issue with some sort of update apple did and not the radio? My 8.4 and android phone work flawless, never had an issue with it.

/
Possibly...... I’ll find out when I update my radio to see if the issue is still there

TRANSMITTERGUY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Always try disconnecting the negative battery lead for half an hour to reset the electronics when you reconnect it. It sounds like the programs in the CPUs of all the different electronics gets confused once in a while.

Makin-Chips

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
1500 Lonestar Hemi 5.7 CC 4X4
I had the same issue, delayed advancing to next song and the song time counter not advancing till 30 seconds into the song. I noticed the "SHUFFLE" was highlighted and turned this off. The issue went away and has been a week so far. I use a iPhone 7plus with the lastest update (12.1) connecting by BTooth to the RA3 radio also using the latest update (17.43.01). I have the iPhone set to shuffle in its settings, so the radio's "SHUFFLE" does not do anything.

Hope this helps!

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had the same issue, delayed advancing to next song and the song time counter not advancing till 30 seconds into the song. I noticed the "SHUFFLE" was highlighted and turned this off. The issue went away and has been a week so far. I use a iPhone 7plus with the lastest update (12.1) connecting by BTooth to the RA3 radio also using the latest update (17.43.01). I have the iPhone set to shuffle in its settings, so the radio's "SHUFFLE" does not do anything.

Hope this helps!

That’s interesting since I almost always use Shuffle. I’m going to have to do some testing.