8 inch jl audio door speakers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2012usafRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anyone know of a way of installin an 8 inch midbass driver under the door panels? I have crank windows also. So i was wonderin if anyone can help with that question too. But my main topic here is the speakers. I am putting in JL Audio ZR100-CT tweeters flush mount in the door panel too if that doesnt change anything.

Side note, im installing a tw3 10 inch in my custom box tomorrow check other thread for pictures

Randon User

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
8" midbass or 8" midrange?
If it's a midbass good luck getting a tweeter to play down low enough to blend with it.
If it's a midrange you may pull it off. Either way don't put the tweeter in the door panel unless you want your stage to be knee level.

OP
OP
2012usafRAM

2012usafRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
OK. Oops midrange :/ my bad! Ok so holes in the sailpanels then? The fluch mount depth is 9/16

2012ramHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Check out the thread bigspeakers small holes in the audio section

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
Only 8" mid bass JL makes is the ZR800 and I love mine, but I also had 2 sets of C5 6.5" components in the door as well to cover the full range. Like Randon said, getting the mid bass and tweeter to work together is going to be impossible, you're going to be missing a very large frequency range, pretty much the entire mid range.

BradKnob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Anyone know of a way of installin an 8 inch midbass driver under the door panels? I have crank windows also. So i was wonderin if anyone can help with that question too. But my main topic here is the speakers. I am putting in JL Audio ZR100-CT tweeters flush mount in the door panel too if that doesnt change anything.

Side note, im installing a tw3 10 inch in my custom box tomorrow check other thread for pictures

Physically, it will be very close. ZR800 mount depth is 3.5" which will be a verrrry tight fit..... if it fits. Ill let you know in a couple weeks:D

Acoustically, it only plays up to 500 hz. everyone else is right, you will need to fill the gap up to where the tweeter can play down to.

And tweeters in the sail or pillars over flush mount in the doors.

Check out the thread bigspeakers small holes in the audio section

thx for the shout out!!! lol :headbang::headbang:

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
you will probably have to make some sort of pod/ custom door panel.

JL also has their 6" woofer 6W3v3 sub. i have never heard them, but i have heard they sound good.