8 U CODES 2012 Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi 5.7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mcgraw24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
JUST PURCHASED USED. NO WARANTY. TRUCK DIES AND DOES NOTHING , EXCEPT DIM DOME LIGHT. WONT START. MOVE THINGS AROUND LIKE TIPM BOX, MOVE WIRES THEN IT STARTS. YIKES! WHERE TO BEGIN? BATTERY IS CHARGING NOW, ITS LOW..CHECKING TIPM NOW. ANY SUGGESTIONS? TY SO MUCH. SOMETIMES IT STARTS, AND IS ALL FINE. SOMETIMES ITS DEAD. RUNS FINE WHEN ITS STARTS. ALL NORMAL. IM THE WIFE! HUBBY REPAIRS CARS. THIS IS TRICKY!

awdodge1776

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
JUST PURCHASED USED. NO WARANTY. TRUCK DIES AND DOES NOTHING , EXCEPT DIM DOME LIGHT. WONT START. MOVE THINGS AROUND LIKE TIPM BOX, MOVE WIRES THEN IT STARTS. YIKES! WHERE TO BEGIN? BATTERY IS CHARGING NOW, ITS LOW..CHECKING TIPM NOW. ANY SUGGESTIONS? TY SO MUCH. SOMETIMES IT STARTS, AND IS ALL FINE. SOMETIMES ITS DEAD. RUNS FINE WHEN ITS STARTS. ALL NORMAL. IM THE WIFE! HUBBY REPAIRS CARS. THIS IS TRICKY!
Ever figure this out? I have a 2012 Ram with the hemi, got it around Christmas time used and drove it 2 months and now its a paperweight. Research says the 2011 and 2012's have TIPM problems and the RAMs were not recalled. My TIPM burned up 2x so now I have to find a short somewhere that s causing the TIPM to get fried.