8hp70 fluid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kossuth

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ordered the ppe pan and will have it here in the next day or two. Other than the Mopar fluid is there anything similar or better than the mopar stuff that is actually rated for these transmissions? Thanks.

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ordered the ppe pan and will have it here in the next day or two. Other than the Mopar fluid is there anything similar or better than the mopar stuff that is actually rated for these transmissions? Thanks.
No need to use the Mopar branded fluid. ZF markets their own fluid called “Lifeguard” which is the same as the Mopar fluid. BMW and Audi also market rebranded Lifeguard fluid. I personally used Audi branded 8 speed fluid because it was $10 per quart cheaper than Mopar. Ravenol also produces a certified Lifeguard 8 speed fluid under their own brand. I’ve read that Ravenol is the OEM refiner of the Lifeguard fluid but I can’t confirm that. If you are out of warranty many people use Valvoline MaxLife ATF. There are numerous threads on this forum centered around its use. Most owners rave about the stuff but it’s not technically certified for use by ZF so using it would void your warranty if a failure should occur. MaxLife is only about 1/4 the cost of OEM fluid so you have that. And as GTOmike stated above Amsoil is very popular also. Can’t deny the Amsoil has better specs than the OEM fluid and many owners swear by it. Amsoil also comes in convenient squeeze packs. Believe me after you do the 8 speed fluid change one time you will value the convenience of a squeeze pack.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I used the zf brand lifeguard8 fluid in my truck. Bought 8 quarts on Amazon. They do deals on 6 quarts. Used 8 doing the pan swap on my truck. Was 23$ a bottle vs 35$ a quart from the dealer