9 Drive Self Driving Ram?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Not A Cop

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Purchased the 809- 9 Drive. Install took seconds. Throwing codes that won't clear after disconnect and battery disconnect. Least of the problems.

I hooked it up, depressed the accelerator to test throttle control. All good.

Put it in drive and eased out of my drive way... The truck accelerated on its own but would cease upon applying the brakes. I stopped the truck, shut it off, started again.

Self throttling Ram! I think I'll be returning and sticking to tow/haul when I want some more pep

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If was me, I would disconnect, back to stock and return unit. As far as I know, self driving trucks, hmmmmm, kinda like them Tesla drivers have car self drive and go to sleep (sic). If unit doing that to yer truck, disconnect. When U disconnect battery, U need hold both cables together for 30 minutes, wait another 30, then see if it clears up. U have to de-energize computer components, all IMHO. Proceed at yer own risk.

IDSandman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Like any electronic piece of equipment, they can and will fail at some point. Remove it and send it back. Crazy as a good buddy just had a similar issue with a Pedal Commander. PC is being very cooperative.

OP
OP
Not A Cop

Not A Cop

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I dunno man, maybe I can teach it how to hit up the store for more beer haha.

Sending it back, getting the codes clear and forgetting about this venture.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
I dunno man, maybe I can teach it how to hit up the store for more beer haha.

Sending it back, getting the codes clear and forgetting about this venture.
That should work ! lol ....

Not A Cop (as if he was talking to Alexa) : "Ram, please drive to store for more beer"

Ram Truck: "Ok, I'll be back in a few"

OP
OP
Not A Cop

Not A Cop

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That should work ! lol ....

Not A Cop (as if he was talking to Alexa) : "Ram, please drive to store for more beer"

Ram Truck: "Ok, I'll be back in a few"
Elon needs to step his game up. I'm over cresting the Beer Run Ram (or BRR) with zero coding skills.