94 dodge 5.9 4x4 stalls when put in drive or reverse

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chuckorr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Here's the story! Bought a 1994 dodge 1500 5.9 4x4 off a guy, he stated that it had a pinched return fuel line and that he could keep it running by power braking it at stop lights/signs. I started it up and drove it down the road. I had problems keeping it running until i got on the road and then it ran fine, plenty of power! When I got it home it stalled in the driveway and to get it started again I had to hold the gas pedal to the floor and it started. I let it set for 30 mins or so and it started up fine and i drove it for about 1/4 mile and it started cutting out and stalling again but I was able to get it home. Now its in my driveway and I can go out and start it up and put it in drive or reverse and it dies. Trouble codes are 12,37,45. I have replaced the clutch solenoid, tested the map sensor, cleaned the IAC, checked for vaccum leaks. Has new plugs, plug wires, cap & rotor. "HELP"!!!! what else can i do????

MikesRammin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
Code 37 is a fake code. 94's don't have it. give 10 minutes to find my haynes manual and I can tell you your codes.