95 mm TB tune!!???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

feelinfroggy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Installed a 95mm grannatelli TB. Between american trucks and holley it requires a tune. Witch it does, truck goes into limp mode if i try to
"get on it" I plan on getting long tubes and possibly a cam in near future but this is where i stared. I've dealt with dyno chips and hemifever. Neither one can do anything for me. Hemifever actually says its a faulty TB and dyno says something about not being an autherized dealer??? So, how do i go about getting what is needed for the "limp mode" situation im in???? Diablo intune i3 and diablo swapped unlocked pcm.

2018 ram 1500 5.7

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Installed a 95mm grannatelli TB. Between american trucks and holley it requires a tune. Witch it does, truck goes into limp mode if i try to
"get on it" I plan on getting long tubes and possibly a cam in near future but this is where i stared. I've dealt with dyno chips and hemifever. Neither one can do anything for me. Hemifever actually says its a faulty TB and dyno says something about not being an autherized dealer??? So, how do i go about getting what is needed for the "limp mode" situation im in???? Diablo intune i3 and diablo swapped unlocked pcm.

2018 ram 1500 5.7
Put your stock throttle body back on,you got sucked in,lol.FYI if you'd have checked the Grannatelli TB out,it has a $h!t rep.Little tidbit for you,your truck uses the exact same TB as the 485 horse 6.4's use,and even on them the TB is the last thing you change,and that's after doing ported heads/cam/long tubes etc.
Who ever told you ,you needed a bigger throttle body,is full of $h!t,lol

OP
OP
F

feelinfroggy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok.... So let's say I put a stage one can AND the throttle body. What kind of custom tune would I need. Thanks for the input

OP
OP
F

feelinfroggy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
And with all due respect, I didn't ask for an opinion. I wanted to. Looking for someone who deals with ram and Diablo tunes.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Ok.... So let's say I put a stage one can AND the throttle body. What kind of custom tune would I need. Thanks for the input
Give up on that throttle body.Go onto the high performance car pages on facebook,you'll find lots of guys with issues with that throttle body.If you're that hung up on a bigger throttle body get ahold of John at Boosted Motorsports or Dan at Fastman and get one of their true bore ported throttle bodies,or spring for a Khaos adapter and put a stock 90mm Hellcat throttle body on it instead. Write that TB off to an expensive learning curve,as very few guys have actually had good luck with it.If you have the option of returning it,that'd be your best option.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
And with all due respect, I didn't ask for an opinion. I wanted to. Looking for someone who deals with ram and Diablo tunes.
If Hemifever and the dyno operator are telling you it's a junk throttle body,what makes you think any other tuner will be able to make it work.Quit being stubborn,and be realistic instead,you made a mistake,suck it up and move on from there.Besides no stock or cammed 5.7 needs a 95 mm throttle body.
BTW if you don't want opinions don't post on the internet asking questions,lol

OP
OP
F

feelinfroggy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Actually, hemi fever said there's no tune that will take care of the limp mode... And Dino can't do anything, said I need an authorized dealer for the Diablo tuner that I have. But point taken!

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just get rid of that TB dude. Its useless on a stock truck.

The only way to tune it good with be with HP tuners anyways, but you would need to be FBO and 6.4L intake with a huge cam.