99 Ram Low Idle & Stalls

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RangerRay

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 3.9
So my 99 Ram 1500 with the 3.9 is having some idle issues. When you first start it you have to give it a little gas or it'll die. After it runs for a bit I can take my foot off the gas it'll run just fine. I've replaced the idle air control valve, tps, and went ahead and replaced the throttle body gasket and no help. Now before I replaced the iacv it idled way too high. After I replaced that it now idles too low. Its also throwing a check engine code P0505 which is idle air control system. Any suggestions on what it could be would be greatly appreciated.

Stegs

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4
Engine
5.2L 318 C.I.
So my 99 Ram 1500 with the 3.9 is having some idle issues. When you first start it you have to give it a little gas or it'll die. After it runs for a bit I can take my foot off the gas it'll run just fine. I've replaced the idle air control valve, tps, and went ahead and replaced the throttle body gasket and no help. Now before I replaced the iacv it idled way too high. After I replaced that it now idles too low. Its also throwing a check engine code P0505 which is idle air control system. Any suggestions on what it could be would be greatly appreciated.

well the code will tell you to start looking

if you were messing in that area, check for vac leaks, might be a bad sensor

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
Did you reset the pcm when you did this work? Disconnect the neg side of the batt for 10min then hook it back up and see what happens.