ABS Light/Service 4wd/Service Trailer Brake System

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ontariokeener

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2014 Ram 1500 hemi 4x4. I'm posting this in hopes it helps others diagnose this issue. My truck started randomly lighting up the dash like a Christmas tree - Service ABS/Service Trailer Brake system, and the truck wouldn't **** into 4wd at all. Turns out the solution was a new front drivers' side wheel bearing/hub assembly. Fixed all the issues. Turns out the bearing lets the hub get out of place and messes up the ABS sensor, which then disables the trailer tow and 4wd systems as they rely on wheel speed indication for the trailer sway control and 4wd engagement respectively. I see all kinds of questions on here with similar symptoms but no one discusses a wheel bearing as the culprit. As always YMMV.

Ron Jankowski

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
How did you figure out it was the hub assembly? I’m getting 6 trouble codes and the have to do with the 4wd actuator & front axle fork assembly actuator.

808ram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
Atleast it wasn't like mine where I had a corroded rear driver's ABS harness. These trucks are trash. Only reason keeping me from buying a new truck is that it's paid off. I hate monthly payments!

G Allen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Atleast it wasn't like mine where I had a corroded rear driver's ABS harness. These trucks are trash. Only reason keeping me from buying a new truck is that it's paid off. I hate monthly payments!
Yeah, reading the description of your truck...it certainly is trash.

Ccinsix

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hey I hit a curb n my service trailer brake along with electronic braking system lights were on. I replaced both sides tie rods inner n outer. Also sway bar. N passenger side wheel hub. The electronic braking systems light went off after alignment however the service trailer braking systems light still on. I was hoping the alignment would fix it all. I’ve tried clearing code with Alfaobd still appears code that only appears is u0156 : lost communication with overhead module. Please any help would be appreciated

Snoopy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Seems like you knocked something loose on the service module. Im sure you checked all connections you may have to replace that. You cant reboot until you get connection.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357