AC compressor clutch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steve hartnett

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi all,
Can anyone let me know if I can get a clutch for my AC compressor, I,m in the UK.

I have a 2005, 4wd Hemi Ram.

thanks very much.

Snake15eyes1998

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm looking on rockauto. I see a compressor coil. I don't see a clutch. Not saying they don't sell them. Maybe its just rockauto. But, it would almost be better replacing the whole unit, rather then the clutch anyways. But I know in order to do that, you would have to pull the freon out replace the compressor and then have the freon put back in. It's more work but if you can't get your hands on a clutch, you might have to do that. Do they have Pick N pulls in the UK where you're at? If they do, and maybe they don't since you posted this. I would just grab a clutch off of a Pick-n-Pull. Good luck man.

Screenshot_20200808-161014_Chrome.jpg

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi UK Here's a site for your AC compressor, you're better off getting a new compressor, there's a bearing behind that clutch that probably on its way out, these guys will hook you up.
You're going to have evacuate the system and reclaim the freon put a vacuum pump to the system and change the dryer to do the job right there are others here that could help you further
CarParts.com – Right Parts, Guaranteed

OP
OP
S

Steve hartnett

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi, thanks very much for the replies, I work for an ac company so I can get someone to take the refrigerant out, then pressure test it and put it back in no problem, I know the compressor itself is good so was hoping to save some £££ by just getting a clutch.
Used parts for theses are very rare in the uk.
I’ll order a compressor from Rock Auto now.