AC ISN'T COOLING

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gx-dxb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi5.7
Hello from Dubai. The AC in my Dodge Ram/ Single Cabin 2015 isn't cooling anymore. Took it to 2 authorised service centres to have a look. There's no visible leaks under the hood. They say it could be the evaporator/ cooling coil which is a super expensive affair to fix out here (2,000 USD including checking for an AC leak & labour charges). Has anyone faced similar issues? Would like to know/ understand a little more before I hand over the vehicle to them.
Any advice would be much appreciated, many thanks.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Hello from Dubai. The AC in my Dodge Ram/ Single Cabin 2015 isn't cooling anymore. Took it to 2 authorised service centres to have a look. There's no visible leaks under the hood. They say it could be the evaporator/ cooling coil which is a super expensive affair to fix out here (2,000 USD including checking for an AC leak & labour charges). Has anyone faced similar issues? Would like to know/ understand a little more before I hand over the vehicle to them.
Any advice would be much appreciated, many thanks.

Message Tach Tech if he doesn't respond shortly.Canadian trucks with 1234 are famous for losing Freon over the winter.

Shiva

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Dubai is on the other side of the planet from Canada which shares a border and winter temperatures as the northern USA.
Missing the connection here.

As for the original question...I would run away fast from the shop that is giving you a price to change an evaporator coil if they haven't checked the operation of the compressor and put gauges on the coolant first. That's a cheap job if they know what they are doing.