Acquiring Signal Message

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
borninbetsy

borninbetsy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Finally, a solution to my problem. I rarely use navigation in the area where I live because I'm old and been here my whole life. But recently I was going to look at a used 6-4 truck cover that ended up being a 5-5 like 99% of them and decided to be lazy and use the navigation. It worked, but it was at least 50 miles off toward the east. That made me believe it was the antenna and it was. $49.99 on eBay, a little bloodletting and now all is well. Nav is now accurate and Sirius is fine. I suspect it's the car wash that did it cause I can see evidence of water on the bottom of the old antenna. I like a clean truck and we have subscriptions to a local automatic wash. The soap also ruined my wiper motor but that's another story. Thanks for the help!

Sent from my KFSUWI using Tapatalk

OP
OP
borninbetsy

borninbetsy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Inside the old one, rusty antenna 3bf8572efcb76171c554f084915587a1.jpg

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk

MSgtZ

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
That is one nasty and rusty antenna you have there!

Redd Eyee

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Help.... I have the same radio as posted previous. I have an XM (actually is Sirius right?) account and a current subsription but I get the "acquiring signal" intermittenly. I only have the old school single 31" on the right fender antenna. How does the sat radio even get a signal from that? I rarely listen to am or fm. Almost exclusively sat radio.

I appreciate your help, This is very frustrating.

Factory-Stereo-R-2612-1-detailed-image-1.jpg

OP
OP
borninbetsy

borninbetsy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So you don't have the traditional shark fin antenna like mine? What year is your truck?

Sent from my KFSUWI using Tapatalk