Satellite stuck on Acquiring Signal. Have had reset several times

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ram20125108

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello Everyone
I Have tried Sirius Radio tech resets and trouble shooting. Satellite radio is stuck on acquiring signal and also UConnect doesn’t work. Told it was a bad satellite radio antenna
Any one out there changed a roof mounted flat satellite’ antenna mounted on the rear right side corner?

chopperman1

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Rebel
Engine
5.7L HEMI
UConnect isn't going to work anymore in the 2012, cellular 3G is gone. It's very doubtful your gps/cellular antena went bad unless of course it's physically damaged and got water in it. They are also 2 seperate falkra connections on the radio, it's possible to mix them up. Have you done any dash work that required the removal of the radio? Has it ever worked?

OP
OP
R

Ram20125108

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Uconnect worked last week as well as the satellite radio. I have owned the truck since 2014. No repair ever done that required radio removed. Went to leave the day after a storm and radio only had am /fm. Tried to make a phone call and no phone service. Talked on it twice prior day.

KoboldTaco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L
Have you seen this previous post? Seems the antenna burning out is a thing.

https://www.ramforum.com/threads/sirius-radio-“acquiring-signal”.155714/

BigrobTX96

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi etorque
Hello Everyone
I Have tried Sirius Radio tech resets and trouble shooting. Satellite radio is stuck on acquiring signal and also UConnect doesn’t work. Told it was a bad satellite radio antenna
Any one out there changed a roof mounted flat satellite’ antenna mounted on the rear right side corner?
I have same issue with my 2022 and my Nav system doesn’t work either. Originally the tech guy at the dealership said there was something major and it wasn’t the antenna or the radio which were swapped out with new ones. I was told Chrysler is making them do a step by step troubleshooting and I’ve taken my vehicle in 4 times already. I’m thinking it’s a electrical issue within the truck and Chrysler dodge Ram is stalling.

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I have same issue with my 2022 and my Nav system doesn’t work either. Originally the tech guy at the dealership said there was something major and it wasn’t the antenna or the radio which were swapped out with new ones. I was told Chrysler is making them do a step by step troubleshooting and I’ve taken my vehicle in 4 times already. I’m thinking it’s an electrical issue within the truck and Chrysler dodge Ram is stalling.
You are most likely correct in that line of thinking, always document and try to verify any work was actually really preformed. Lots of dealers do not speak the truth often enough , not to mention the stories that are fabricated when asked something beyond their capabilities.