Adding memory seat &mirror controls to a Sport

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Georgiasport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 17' Sport. The only features my truck lacks is the memory/auto folding mirrors and memory seats. The mirrors do fold in with the button and seats adjust the same. Is there a way to have the memory features like a Limited/ Longhorn model????? Any help would be great!

Salty Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm going to follow this thread because I too have a sport with all options except memory seats and would like to have that option too. I would think that we could just buy seats with the feature and possibly just plug them in and turn the feature on with AlfaOBD?

Cableman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
The sport mirrors do not come with memory option, its 8 wires on the motor plug behind the glass vs 4. You would have to get a set of chrome ones off a Laramie and swap your covers onto them. They are expensive mirrors! Easily 1k for the set through Benny @ allmoparparts

GordDavey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You need to get mirrors that have ALL the wires in the White Connector. Those with only 4 wires in the white connector do not have the "memory" feature. Those with all 8 do. It only takes 2 wires from under the driver seat thru the door connector into the door and into a connector in the door module to hook them up, these are 2 canbus wires that need to be added between then memory module under the drivers seat that go to the door module in the drivers door. After that Alfa can be used to enable everything. As others have said most of the black mirrors do not have memory and a lot of the chrome ones do. But there are black ones out there that do have memory, they are just really hard to find. Craiglist/Kijiji are the best place to find them. Lot's of guys remove them and put in tow mirrors and decide to sell their older ones a couple of years later. I managed to find a perfect set of chrome ones from a 2016 that were on the truck for just a few months, without a scratch and look like new for $220 CDN. So deals can be found.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
One thing to note is that passenger side memory mirrors will have 4 or more wires in the white connector. The driver's side mirror is the one that has to have more than 4 wires. You can find painted memory mirrors but they are rare and came on the Laramie trucks with the Sport option. I've only seen one or two sets of them. I got mine the same way others have mentioned and found a guy that took them off of his 2500 Laramie to install tow mirrors when his truck was new. Paid $200 for the set.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 17' Sport. The only features my truck lacks is the memory/auto folding mirrors and memory seats. The mirrors do fold in with the button and seats adjust the same. Is there a way to have the memory features like a Limited/ Longhorn model????? Any help would be great!
I just read your original post. Unfortunately your current seats are not memory capable. Even if you added the wiring and memory seat module your seat motors will not relay the seat position to the memory seat module. It would be pretty expensive to try to upgrade all your parts in order to have the memory function. It also isn't just as easy as installing Memory capable seats and enabling the codes. Sports were never equipped with memory so your trucks harness is missing 4 wires. Two run from the yellow drivers seat connector to the CAN system and two other wires run from the same yellow drivers seat connector up to the driver's door harness and to the drivers side mirror door control module. All that being said adding the memory really isn't that hard. Running the 4 extra wires is not to hard to do once you install the memory seats. I've added Laramie seats to my Express and now have all the memory features working including seats, mirrors and memory adjustable pedals. You would need to build another harness and enable the memory pedals codes in order to install the memory pedals.

RonA

Reaction score
Ram Year
18 PW, 19 BH3500 DRW
Engine
6.4, 6.7HO
Everybody ready, l want to pick this up again. l have an '18 power wagon with adj pedal and power driver seat, tow mirrors and alfaobd. l am 6' 2", my wife is 5' nothing and we share this truck. What say you guys?

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
You need to get mirrors that have ALL the wires in the White Connector. Those with only 4 wires in the white connector do not have the "memory" feature. Those with all 8 do. It only takes 2 wires from under the driver seat thru the door connector into the door and into a connector in the door module to hook them up, these are 2 canbus wires that need to be added between then memory module under the drivers seat that go to the door module in the drivers door. After that Alfa can be used to enable everything. As others have said most of the black mirrors do not have memory and a lot of the chrome ones do. But there are black ones out there that do have memory, they are just really hard to find. Craiglist/Kijiji are the best place to find them. Lot's of guys remove them and put in tow mirrors and decide to sell their older ones a couple of years later. I managed to find a perfect set of chrome ones from a 2016 that were on the truck for just a few months, without a scratch and look like new for $220 CDN. So deals can be found.
Ok, what wires and from what to what are needed ...is this a harness we can make ourselves to add to the mirrors?

I ran into a guy that said he did it but was hard to explain, he had the regular power folding black mirrors and he said him an a buddy ran the wires from under the seat up to the mirrors and it worked ...

So my question is , what pins on what need to get populated for this ?

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I am trying to understand what you mean by different seats

Do They use the same seat & back rest ?
Do They use the same seat track & seat base ? Does it have to be a certain year ?

That leaves the 3 motors,
the question there being are those motors all the same, or do they make motors with some kind of Limiter built in, or is the limiter an attachment ( add on ).
The limiters would have to be connected to module or mini computer

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
I just want to know where those wires come from and go to or when to pin them on the mirrors .. something has to trigger the mirrors tilt in reverse right ? I wonder if its just a trigger wire that can be grabbed off of the tail lights when the reverse lights go on?

crookedmosquito

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Has anyone gotten this to work? I have a 2014 Ram 1500 Sport and would like to do the same thing. Really wanting to keep my seats (have special covers for them), so if it is just getting the laramie seat framework and then swap my cushion/covers or just add the parts from the bottom of the laramie seat, motor/etc.

Luisp22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
One thing to note is that passenger side memory mirrors will have 4 or more wires in the white connector. The driver's side mirror is the one that has to have more than 4 wires. You can find painted memory mirrors but they are rare and came on the Laramie trucks with the Sport option. I've only seen one or two sets of them. I got mine the same way others have mentioned and found a guy that took them off of his 2500 Laramie to install tow mirrors when his truck was new. Paid $200 for the set.

I’m looking for the limited mirrors but I don’t know what are the right part # for my 2015. I been looking on eBay but I see a bit of a difference . 68231243AF 68231243AD

Rip426

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just read your original post. Unfortunately your current seats are not memory capable. Even if you added the wiring and memory seat module your seat motors will not relay the seat position to the memory seat module. It would be pretty expensive to try to upgrade all your parts in order to have the memory function. It also isn't just as easy as installing Memory capable seats and enabling the codes. Sports were never equipped with memory so your trucks harness is missing 4 wires. Two run from the yellow drivers seat connector to the CAN system and two other wires run from the same yellow drivers seat connector up to the driver's door harness and to the drivers side mirror door control module. All that being said adding the memory really isn't that hard. Running the 4 extra wires is not to hard to do once you install the memory seats. I've added Laramie seats to my Express and now have all the memory features working including seats, mirrors and memory adjustable pedals. You would need to build another harness and enable the memory pedals codes in order to install the memory pedals.

Hi, just read the post and have a question. I have a 2015 Ram 1500 Big Horn, I have installed Laramie heated/vented memory seats, and activated the vented option with Alpha OBD. (I already had the premium low back heated cloth seats/ heated steering wheel, full center console, 8.4" screen dual climate control) I am assuming the memory module is under the seat, as the memory "set" button is on the seat, just would like to know which wires I would need to add, and which pin outs do I use and where do the exactly go. I already have memory mirrors, activated the tilt in reverse and passenger dimming, and am thinking about adding power pedals, if that's not too hard to do. Would you have the power pedal wiring?

Rip426

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Hi Rick, my name is also Rick! Just wondering which wires I would need to add for memory seats to work in my 2015 Big Horn. I have upgraded to leather heated/vented memory seats from a Laramie, and activated the vented seats and switch with my Alpha OBD (my truck already had heated seats/steering wheel), and would like to get the memory functions working, as they are memory seats with the module still in them and the setting switch on the side.
I did find a thread which says I need a wire in pin s #2, #5,#6, and #13 in yellow plug, but don't know where they go.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca