Adding other LED's for DRL's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LoneStarSilver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I changed out my headlights (both high and low beam) and fogs with LED's but the headlight DRLs won't work due to the reduced power. It gives me a "Headlight Out" error. I have been running the headlights on anytime the truck is moving, however I would like to do something else. I bought a 3 bulb LED that produces about 600 Lumens and am thinking about removing the tow hooks and installing them there, direct wiring them to the fuse block to come on when the ignition is turned on.

Has anyone else done something like this or for that matter anything else. I'm open to suggestions.

I saw a 2018 RAM like mine that they had cut slots in the grill cross bars very close to the headlights and it looked OK, but I do not want to make any cuts to the grill.

NJMOPAR

Older and faster
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
I did two 6" light bars behind my grille & tapped off a 10 amp fuse in the power block that was only live with the truck running.
Eventually wired a switch into the dash with a fused power wire directly on the positive battery terminal to have the option to turn them off.