Adding signal/puddle mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jpercy14

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 ram 1500
Engine
Hey guys I have a 2014 ram 1500 with standard size heated mirrors. Recently bought some mirrors with puddle/signal on them after install. Only power heat and movement of the glass would work.. brought to a dealer for a flash and they could only get the puddle lights to work? Didn't make much sense to me. Said maybe a door module would fix it. But im sure I have the correct module and the stealership just doesn't wanna or doesn't have the knowledge I'm notnsure. But any help would be greatly appreciatee. Thanks in advance

AllMoparParts.com

- Benny
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
All
Engine
All
Hi,
I dont believe its a module issue but send me your VIN so I can compare a few things.

-Benny

OP
OP
J

Jpercy14

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 ram 1500
Engine
Hey Benny, thanks responding I really appreciate it. I must note the new mirrors I bought are from a 2012 I have already made and installed my wires for the ambient air temp sensor and it works perfectly . No issues there I just copied the wires from my old mirrors all is well there.. my vin number is 1C6RR7KT1ES346641 thanks and if u need any other info just let me know! Thanks again take care

AllMoparParts.com

- Benny
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
All
Engine
All
Ok so 2013+ Trucks had wiring changes and the mirrors and modules are not cross compatible. With that being said I suppose you can try older 2011 modules but with that being said I also checked the door wiring harness itself and they are different between this split date as well so I am not sure if its worth it to you because then we would have to see if the door harness will plug into the dash harness's???

- Benny

OP
OP
J

Jpercy14

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 ram 1500
Engine
Hey thanks for the response! I did some more digging myself and I was sure it was the dealership playing stupid or didn't know what was going on. I bit the bullet and went to a dealership outta town and boom baby no problem in and out in 15 minutes. Also just purchased MXobd + and alfaobd. So I can just do this stuff myself. Appreciate your time Benny. Have a great day

Colten1019

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Hey thanks for the response! I did some more digging myself and I was sure it was the dealership playing stupid or didn't know what was going on. I bit the bullet and went to a dealership outta town and boom baby no problem in and out in 15 minutes. Also just purchased MXobd + and alfaobd. So I can just do this stuff myself. Appreciate your time Benny. Have a great day
Hey, would you be able to give me some advice on how to get the puddle lights to work? I just put tow mirrors on my 2010 and I managed to get the turn signals to work with alpha OBD, I just can’t find anything on the puddles.