Aftermarket stereo replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Soaringcook

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi v8 5.7
Does anyone have any suggestions on what is a good choice to replace my stereo unit? I have a 2016 ram 1500 bug horn, it has the small uconect but it doesnt have backup camera. Or navi

I would like those features on a aftermarket upgrade.

Any suggestions are welcome.

maxiderm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
I had the tiny uconnect system and hated it (although mine did have the backup camera). I ended up getting the Kenwood DMX1057XR. There's also the DMX1037S, which is the same model essentially, but with a 1 year warranty instead of 2 years, and it's easier to find at your typical car audio shop. They have a large 10 inch floating screen, a ridiculous amount of EQ settings, and wireless Android Auto and Apple Carplay.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
find an OEM 8.4

OP
OP
S

Soaringcook

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi v8 5.7
Do you retain steering wheel controls and also, how do you access the settings in the stock radio once you replace it.

umbighouse

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Do you retain steering wheel controls and also, how do you access the settings in the stock radio once you replace it.

I'd recommend checking out Crutchfield.com. They'll recommend a unit to fit your budget and let you know all of the harnesses and accessories needed, including iDatalink Maestro, which will help you keep features like steering wheel controls and more.

cam101

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a Kenwood also DNX 994S. I used an Idatalink Maestro as well