Album Graphics/Art When Playing Music

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I have thousands of songs on hundreds of albums copied to a USB thumb drive that I plug into my Aux port and Shuffle through for those long drives. Some of the album art will show up on my Uconnect screen when a song plays, but the vast majority does not. Is there a way to get the album art to show for all of them? I tried copying a .jpeg picture of the album cover into a couple of the album folders but that didn't do it. If it isn't possible, it's really not that important. I just thought there might be an easy fix.

OP
OP
Tulecreeper

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
No music geeks out there? Uconnect experts?

rick16706

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Classic - Warlock
Engine
6 Cyl 3.6L
What I've had to do in order to get the album art to show up is to tag the music. I assume that your music is in MP3 format. There are lots of free programs for tagging. You might try something like Mp3tag. It can be a bit of a PITA to add the album art to music but when you download it from sites like iTunes, it should come with the images already tagged. But with programs like Mp3tag you can add the images in batch files and that can speed things up a bit.

OP
OP
Tulecreeper

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
What I've had to do in order to get the album art to show up is to tag the music. I assume that your music is in MP3 format. There are lots of free programs for tagging. You might try something like Mp3tag. It can be a bit of a PITA to add the album art to music but when you download it from sites like iTunes, it should come with the images already tagged. But with programs like Mp3tag you can add the images in batch files and that can speed things up a bit.
Some is in Mp3 format, some in WMA format. It's a toss-up. Some of the Mp3 albums show the album art, most do not. Some of the WMA albums show the art, most do not. Most of these albums were ripped directly from the CD to my music folder using Windows Media Player and are in WMA format. However, a few of them were copied from cassette tapes using an analog-to-digital peripheral device. All of the ones that were copied from cassette show the album art, and all of those are in Mp3 format. But some that were ripped from the CD using Windows Media Player also show the art, even though all of those are in WMA format.

I will play around with the Mp3tag program. I really appreciate the input.

rick16706

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Classic - Warlock
Engine
6 Cyl 3.6L
For what it is worth, I found one of the best places to find the album art for music that doesn't already have it is on the Amazon site. And of course, Google is an excellent source. Good luck.

woojyee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Yes, I use mp3tag as well to add album art plus, you can search for it from within the program, quite useful

OP
OP
Tulecreeper

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Yes, I use mp3tag as well to add album art plus, you can search for it from within the program, quite useful
I've tried to go to mp3tag.com and my anti-virus/malware software went bonkers.

williscreg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Did you find a solution for all the music?
my right ear out of the blue decided to sound muffled/distorted. Im not in exposure to loud environment or listen to music to the point that my ears are hurting. 1 ent said i have no ear wax build up, no pressure and no infection but to give it 1 month. (also my audio test thing they do came out excellent). Staten Island audiological services think it can be allergies bc of pain/feverish feeling in my ears. pain has spread to my good ear but not as much now since ive been taking allergy meds but the muffled/distortion on the right ear is still there. also when i listen to music on headphones my ears start to hurt and tinnitus has flared up. anyone else have this issue? i just want my hearing back to normal

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tulecreeper

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Did you find a solution for all the music?
Nope, I gave up. It's too much trouble downloading a program to my PC just to be able to see album art when a song is playing. It's only the ones I ripped from CD to my music library using Windows Media Player that won't show. The songs I copied from cassettes to my music library using an analog to digital interface are all showing the art.