Alfa OBD11 ???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1 MEAN66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT-MDS
I see that Alfa Obd11 can do more "stuff" than a basic scanner. I have a Innova 7111 scanner. Question: Is alfa obd11 a program you add to a scanner? Is it a separate scanner? Only can be added to specific scanners? OR? My scanner is reprogrammable via internet hook up to Innova, which is how I get updates. Somethings from them are an extra cost$, which is ok. Do I contact them to have it added? I do not own a fancy phone just a flip style, So I talk to them, while they tell me to push buttons an so on. Sounds like alfa obd 11 would be worth the $.
When I look at ALFA OBD11 on the computer it talks about it as if it is 2018 and later. My Ram is 2016

Last edited:

04fxdwgi

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
AlfaOBD2 is the program to use with a compatible (most ELM 327 ones and more) OBD2 dongle. It is available for iOS, android phones or Windows PC. I use the windows version. Pay once for it and updates are no cost. Go to the AlphaOBD website and download it to demo it. Also check their list of compatible dongles.

I use the OBDLink MX+ dongle which is a bluetooth one..

My truck is a '16 and it works perfectly.

It is so easy to use and powerful, one needs to be careful using it. Just make 100% sure you backup the trucks info (using Alfaobd), to have a base line to back to, if you need to revert anything back after a mistake.

Last edited:

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
You can get a $40 android based tablet (not Fire) on Amazon and a $18 elm327 dongle and be set to access your 2016.
AlfaOBD is NOT compatible with your scanner.

chopperman1

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Rebel
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Your Inova has way more functionality for diagnostics. Alfa in my opinion is more for programing that diagnostics. Sure, it does have some diagnostic capabilities, but it's primary function is programing.

likes2build

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Express RCSB
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I see that Alfa Obd11 can do more "stuff" than a basic scanner. I have a Innova 7111 scanner. Question: Is alfa obd11 a program you add to a scanner? Is it a separate scanner? Only can be added to specific scanners? OR? My scanner is reprogrammable via internet hook up to Innova, which is how I get updates. Somethings from them are an extra cost$, which is ok. Do I contact them to have it added? I do not own a fancy phone just a flip style, So I talk to them, while they tell me to push buttons an so on. Sounds like alfa obd 11 would be worth the $.
When I look at ALFA OBD11 on the computer it talks about it as if it is 2018 and later. My Ram is 2016
Did you get the info you needed? I'm local Albany/Saratoga Counties

OP
OP
1 MEAN66

1 MEAN66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT-MDS
Yes I think so. I do not need to reprogram much stuff. have added things to a basic Ram Tradesman, that has a 5.0 video arcade, added trailer brake control (factory controller, & a backup camera (an infotainment package), and a Diode dynamics rev. light) supplier sent as part of the package the "chip" so to speak to tell the truck's computers that it was there, just plugs into ALDL. All that works perfect. What I was trying to do was correct the speedometer. Truck is actually going slower 1-3mph less than indicated by the analog meter. When I worked at Albany dodge I used their factory scanner to correct the Dakota I had at the time. Have a Innova 7111 tried to do the same but think I should not have added decimal points. As it would not accept the number I was using ( wants it in mm). It gives me choices of different brand and tire sizes, but I wanted to actually enter a "rolling dia". So I will go down in garage and try again today. Did the measure the dia. 30.5 inches times 3.14 (pie) then change that to mm. Got 2432 point something. Put the decimal in and it (the scanner) laughed at me. I am by the way in Waterford.