AlfaOBD Support For 06~12 Rams

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

darrollr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
I do have the option to for a Radio, under “Cabin Network”. But it won’t let me “not set”.

lpennock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L & 6.7L Cummins
I do have the option to for a Radio, under “Cabin Network”. But it won’t let me “not set”.

Well Bummer. Was hoping it would help you. Are you using the MX/MX+ or a different OBD adapter?

darrollr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
I’m using the OBDLink SX USB.

lpennock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L & 6.7L Cummins
I would try sending the developer a question. Maybe there's a bug.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

cheath94

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Has anyone successfully updated TPMS thresholds? I have tried the process mentioned several post back but it didn't appear to do anything. Under the Body Control Module I have 2 "Update Pressure Thresholds" but when I go to select front and rear pressures the other will dissapear.

Reaction score
Ram Year
'11
Engine
6.7L ISB
I’ve got a 2007 ram 3500 mega cab 5.9 Cummins. Do I need to have the factory radio in my truck in order to make any of these changes? It keeps showing a fault error connecting to radio.
No you do not have to have factory radio to make changes. I have a double din DVD player with a module, and I can do just about everything. I still get the fault code for the radio. Doesn't stop me from doing anything.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Ram Year
'11
Engine
6.7L ISB
Has anyone successfully updated TPMS thresholds? I have tried the process mentioned several post back but it didn't appear to do anything. Under the Body Control Module I have 2 "Update Pressure Thresholds" but when I go to select front and rear pressures the other will dissapear.
Have you followed all the instructions? I believe there's a steo by step that you have to follow exactly which includes resetting the remote hub.

cheath94

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Have you followed all the instructions? I believe there's a steo by step that you have to follow exactly which includes resetting the remote hub.

I figured it out, on my 2012 I did not have to reset the remote hub. I just changed the pressures in the car configuration page under the BCM. Have you been able to get into the driver and passenger door modules?

Uskor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Looking for some help. I was able to make my first change(disable fog light dropout) and when I went to reconnect at a later time I received the following message"Error opening port. You were not connected because a duplicate name exist on the network. If joining a domain, go to system in control panel to change computer name and try again. If joining a workgroup, choose another workgroup name." I have changed the name once of my computer and it let me connect but I didn't make any changes and quit for the night. Went to try it again the next day and I got the same message again. I am using a laptop with windows 10. I also emailed Alfa about this and they first suggested to " run as Administrator" which made no difference.

Reaction score
Ram Year
'11
Engine
6.7L ISB
Looking for some help. I was able to make my first change(disable fog light dropout) and when I went to reconnect at a later time I received the following message"Error opening port. You were not connected because a duplicate name exist on the network. If joining a domain, go to system in control panel to change computer name and try again. If joining a workgroup, choose another workgroup name." I have changed the name once of my computer and it let me connect but I didn't make any changes and quit for the night. Went to try it again the next day and I got the same message again. I am using a laptop with windows 10. I also emailed Alfa about this and they first suggested to " run as Administrator" which made no difference.

Can you give some more information? What adapter are you using?

I figured it out, on my 2012 I did not have to reset the remote hub. I just changed the pressures in the car configuration page under the BCM. Have you been able to get into the driver and passenger door modules?

Yes, I have. It allowed me to make the windows go up and down, lock and unlock doors, change side mirror configuration and more.

Uskor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Can you give some more information? What adapter are you using?

I am using the OBD MX bluetooth. I can connect and use the OBD link and it's app just fine but when I go to hit "Connect" using the Alfa that's when I get the Error message.

719c6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am using the OBD MX bluetooth. I can connect and use the OBD link and it's app just fine but when I go to hit "Connect" using the Alfa that's when I get the Error message.

Goto device manger in Windows and select the driver with the Bluetooth device and uninstall it. Then

Dont know if this might help but...

Link

Reaction score
Ram Year
'11
Engine
6.7L ISB
Are you connecting through Bluetooth or wifi? Sounds like your trying to connect thru WiFi

Texmechanic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I was able to turn off completely on 2012 ram.
1. Connect to central gateway
2. Select active diagnostics
3. Then go to vech config 2 tire pressure system preset
4. It will say set or not set, select not set

TPMS will read 0 and light goes off.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

RAMTRPR

"Enjoy The Little Things"
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Make when connecting BT than your com port baud rate is set same as the connection in AlfaOBD. Default is 115200.

I had all kinds of different errors and I fixed this then no problems after.

2009 QCRB 4WD - 4.56/Shorties/FMTB/Intake/Exhaust/6” on 35’s/lots more [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ajairola

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Has anyone tried to use AlphaOBD to enable UConnect Handsfree or other radio functions(rear seat video etc.)

RAMTRPR

"Enjoy The Little Things"
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Has anyone tried to use AlphaOBD to enable UConnect Handsfree or other radio functions(rear seat video etc.)

Would be nice to enable music through Uconnect :)

2009 QCRB 4WD - 4.56/Shorties/FMTB/Intake/Exhaust/6” on 35’s/lots more [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

lharrell79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes - I used it to add uConnect and the steering wheel audio controls to my sons truck, 2012 2500, no problems at all

Did your son's truck have the option for audio controls from the factory? What is the trim level of the truck?

jawzs2

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010, 2014
Engine
1500, 3500
Did your son's truck have the option for audio controls from the factory? What is the trim level of the truck?

It's an SLT, and no it had neither. I added an RHB radio, the uConnect module, and a leather steering wheel with audio controls. His orig wheel did not have the controls