All Alpine System Owners!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Podcast

Podcast

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
This is my thought as well in response to the sub control. Really disappointing there was no sub control. Heck Ford had that standard when equipped with a sub 10 years ago.
I am in the middle of upgrading parts of my Alpine set up. I swapped out the Alpine sub for the shallow mount pioneer sub but that pioneer is so under powered by the alpine system that I had to buy an independent amp for it that I hopefully get install tom.

I also wanted to be able to control the sub instead of overall bass. I think the speakers sound Alpine speakers sound fine on my Ram but I am a guy who prefers bass over treble. Shoot... when I go see an I-max movie I have to wear ear plugs because the highs from those speakers hurt my ears lol.

Note: Dont buy the 8" pioneer sub unless you plan on giving it an independent amp not worth the money.

Anyways this is my project that I hopefully get installed tom. I already have the pioneer installed but ill list it below.

-Pioneer TS-SW2002d2 8"

-Amp for the sub: Pioneer GM-A3702 500w Max 190RMS

-Sub controller: Scosche LOC90 Speaker to RCA Line Output Converter

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Come on Tom! You know better than to just compare "brand names". Way too many variables here.

I haven’t heard a good Memphis speaker since the 90s. LOL

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I haven’t heard a good Memphis speaker since the 90s. LOL

I haven't heard any in the past ten years. Well I did a one off install for a guy with a 15" Mojo. It got down... loud enough to where I told him he can finish tuning if he wants, too much bass for me. I think they are one of those brands that lost the hype and just died down, no one sells it, not sure how it stays alive, but still probably makes a decent product.

GSchwizzy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So... I haven't taken apart a door panel yet (waiting til I order my speakers, sound deadener, 1/4" spacers for the front doors) and I noticed there are speaker harnesses sold by Amazon, but looking at both ones (one clear plug and the other black)... do I need these, and if so, which ones? Amazon says "these do not fit your 2016 Ram 1500". Is that true or is it Amazon being Amazon???

Thanks a ton for all your help guys. Much appreciated. Planning to place one big order tomorrow... hoping to do a speaker upgrade (atleast the doors for now) next week sometime. I can't take that awful muffled sound anymore... just can't.

GSchwizzy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Oh... did I forget anything else for an upgrade? Feel free to share. I will post results and thoughts after the change...

Thanks!!

rotwiler

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QC Outdoorsman
Engine
I tested the factory alpine speakers with a volt meter and they are same ohm as the jbl gx302 3.5, 2.3ohm. The addition of a actual tweeter is what gives the better sound, nobody would say it sounds worse after adding the jbl gx302s, makes a major difference in clarity and I listen to alot of different types for music from metal to rap.

rotwiler

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QC Outdoorsman
Engine
So... I haven't taken apart a door panel yet (waiting til I order my speakers, sound deadener, 1/4" spacers for the front doors) and I noticed there are speaker harnesses sold by Amazon, but looking at both ones (one clear plug and the other black)... do I need these, and if so, which ones? Amazon says "these do not fit your 2016 Ram 1500". Is that true or is it Amazon being Amazon???

Thanks a ton for all your help guys. Much appreciated. Planning to place one big order tomorrow... hoping to do a speaker upgrade (atleast the doors for now) next week sometime. I can't take that awful muffled sound anymore... just can't.
I have upgraded the dash 3 speakers with jbl gx302 and rear door 6x9s with jbl power series 2ohm. Also I did 2 12s in a fiberglass box with 1,000 watt amp. I would skip the front doors, they are bass only and you won't get any better sound. Rear doors are more full range and do make a improvement. Even if you sound deaden front doors with butyl, get some closed cell foam to put above the door switch where door has that metal looking detail on it, will stop rattle.