Alpha obd can’t change mileage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fogell_thegreat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey everyone I upgraded my cluster to the 7” and having issue changing my odometer mileage, I’m using alpha obd with a Mx connector and manage to change my driving hours and idle hours but my odometer isn’t changing , anyone else have this issue if so what did you do to fix it thx

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Have you searched this in the AlfaObd thread?

Scottly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HO 6.7 Cummins
If tools like Alpha are available to do that, I'm sure you're right.
Pretty sure you don't need a tool, if you swap the Dash module and ECM at the same time, you'll get a zero reset. Last time I checked, the mileage was stored in an EPOM in the ECM, and if one goes down, the other stores it...If both go down, you lose it. I'm probably wrong....someone with way greater tech knowledge should chime in here.

dan carey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have an Autel D8 that will set the mileage in the ECM, however there is also almost the same mileage located in the PCM that you can't change. I don't know why the mileage is not the same, the ones I've seen are within .05%

Mister Luck

cassis tutissima virtus
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016/2017
Engine
5.7 V8
The penalties for violating Title 49 U.S. Code 32703 and other odometer violations are outlined in 49 U.S.C. 32709. These stringent measures underline the seriousness of the federal government treating odometer fraud.

a civil penalty of up to $10,000 per violation
(per vehicle whose odometer is altered), up to a maximum total penalty of $1 million.

I think in 2010 there was rampant private party digital OD rollbacks happening on some Chrysler models , Chrysler themselves were charged with tampering analog OD’s in the 1987 scandal.

Last edited: