Alpha Rex G1 brights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

placroix012

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey Guys, quick question does anyone else have issues with their brights on the Alpha Rex G1. My lows are awesome but my bright don't make much of a difference. Was wondering if anyone else seen this issue. Both Low and high have LED . 2012 dodge 3500. I had dual lights, used Alfa obd to switch Dual to quads, and adjusted to Lights HID.

Thanks for your time

Mbrigh3

IG: Stormtrooper_5.7
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The highs were crap. Get alpha ODB so you can keep your lows on when you have your highs on.

OP
OP
P

placroix012

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ya did that, Did you set your voltages on High and lows as well?

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
ya did that, Did you set your voltages on High and lows as well?
If you're running led and hid, there is no need to adjust voltages. The problem is the high beam projector in the alpharex lights just plain sucks. Just don't use an hid in the high beam since it takes a while to heat up and reach full brightness.

Norwain

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It’s a GIANT PIA to open up these lights, but I replaced the low beam projector with a hid projector from The Retro Source, it has a low and a high beam built in. Replaced my high beam with very bright led, and with the hids on bright, you can see me from space. Call the guys at TRS and they will tell you what you need. Warning, the lights use permaseal, and it’s very hard to open.

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It’s a GIANT PIA to open up these lights, but I replaced the low beam projector with a hid projector from The Retro Source, it has a low and a high beam built in. Replaced my high beam with very bright led, and with the hids on bright, you can see me from space. Call the guys at TRS and they will tell you what you need. Warning, the lights use permaseal, and it’s very hard to open.
Which projector did you swap in and how hard was it to mount it in the alpharex lights?

Norwain

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
HunterDan, I used the BI-XENON: MORIMOTO MINI D2S 5.0. You have to buy an adapter plate to fit it in. Not too hard. Believe me, I’m no expert at this, my first time. If I can figure it out,you can for sure. I talked to the guy at the retrofit source and he lined me out on everything I needed.

Last edited:

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
HunterDan, I used the BI-XENON: MORIMOTO MINI D2S 5.0. You have to buy an adapter plate to fit it in. Not to hard. Believe me, I’m no expert at this, my first time. If I can figure it out,you can for sure. I talked to the guy at the retrofit source and he lined me out on everything I needed.
Which housing did you start with? I'm building my second set of retrofits into my quads, but I'm going for a super budget build, so may not be happy with the output. Feel free to send me a pm with any details because I'm genuinely curious how it worked out.

TexasRed1970

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The highs were crap. Get alpha ODB so you can keep your lows on when you have your highs on.
What is "Alpha OBD"? Is this a programmer or a wiring kit? I have a question on how to have all 4 lights on when high beams are used posted in another thread.

Thanks!

Mbrigh3

IG: Stormtrooper_5.7
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What is "Alpha OBD"? Is this a programmer or a wiring kit? I have a question on how to have all 4 lights on when high beams are used posted in another thread.

Thanks!
its an app you can buy that helps you change certain things in your Ram. Ive sold my 4th gen so its been a while since I have used it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca