Amp Research Power Steps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bluesmoke91

2nd GEN Site Mod
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Any of you guys running em? Ive noticed an annoying thud when the step drops on a few vehicles at my work. Anyone experiencing that? I plan on buying some when I buy my Ram again to help my mother get in. But that thud may be a deal breaker.

badblackram06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The thud is normally the board hitting the motor when it comes up I've never heard a thud when coming down. At one time Amp research would send out some adapters to move the motor from touching. The last set I installed which was 2 weeks ago did not have the thud up or down. So maybe they have fixed the problem.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bluesmoke91

Bluesmoke91

2nd GEN Site Mod
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The thud is normally the board hitting the motor when it comes up I've never heard a thud when coming down. At one time Amp research would send out some adapters to move the motor from touching. The last set I installed which was 2 weeks ago did not have the thud up or down. So maybe they have fixed the problem.

That's interesting because the thud of the board hitting the motor is less noticeable than the board reaching the bottom position. When I first noticed it I just thought it was an old setup as the truck was pretty beat up. But I've noticed several other trucks with the same problem. As you said, maybe the newer setups aren't as thuddy.

badblackram06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That's interesting because the thud of the board hitting the motor is less noticeable than the board reaching the bottom position. When I first noticed it I just thought it was an old setup as the truck was pretty beat up. But I've noticed several other trucks with the same problem. As you said, maybe the newer setups aren't as thuddy.

Hmm yeah that is odd. They tend to squeak a lot later on but some wd-40 clears that up. I'll have to check out the set on my boss mans ford to see if they thud any.

dsent

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 2500HD 4x4 Crew Cab Laramie
Engine
6.7 cummins diesel
I have only had my Amp steps on about a month and love them!!

I have the updated version and mine are quiet.

I live in SC and have not been north in the snow and salt yet?

I am lucky enough my friend sells truck accessories and lids and toppers,and I know he gave me a great price $1200 installed.
Even at this price I know he still is making money and do not expect him to give me all his markup otherwise he would not be in business very long.

There were some listed on ebay for $1140 & free shipping.

Regards
Don

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
girldogvan