Buying a used set of Amp Power Steps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamGuy110

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 2500
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Would anyone be leery of buying a used set of Amp Research Power Steps for $700?

Travelin Ram

Reaction score
Somewhere in NA. Probably. We travel a lot.
Ram Year
Engine
Who removes something like that from a truck? There’s a lot of wiring, including firewall penetration, and the mounting brackets are bolted and riveted to the rocker panels.

At a minimum, I’d want to see the control temporary wired to the truck battery and plugged into the motors and OBD port to verify it still functions.

oe542bob

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi eTorque 5.7
I removed mine from my 2018 2500 I traded in. Put the original factory step bars back on when traded in.
Mine we’re working fine when remove. Just thought I would try to sell them to recoup some money. ( funny thing, I haven’t tried yet! )
OP, like buying anything used, you kinda have to take the word of the seller I guess. If something would be not working, you should be able to get a new controller or replace the drive motor(s).
I had my set on my 2500 for almost 4 years and I did have to replace the controller once.