And this is why you replace your UCAs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I haven't heard of any to avoid other than the OEM ones for some people .
Mevotecs are great @ $100 for the pair .
Zone are better for about $475
Icons are better @ ? Probably more than the zone ones ...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
kg93

kg93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
there is also total chaos at about $800
Probably the best

Mauzz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I've been looking at control arms lately since I like having a plan and I don't expect my ball joints to last for very long. Having swapped ball joints in my wrangler I'm never doing that again so I was looking at uniball control arms like Total Chaos, Fabtech, ICON, or Ready Lift. Anyone have any experience with these? Are they awesome?

OP
OP
kg93

kg93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I've been looking at control arms lately since I like having a plan and I don't expect my ball joints to last for very long. Having swapped ball joints in my wrangler I'm never doing that again so I was looking at uniball control arms like Total Chaos, Fabtech, ICON, or Ready Lift. Anyone have any experience with these? Are they awesome?

My cousin has a 2015 tundra trd pro so hes active over on that forum, different truck but guys over there swear by total chaos. They have a bigger crowd for that kind of stuff.

I would have went with them but i didnt feel like spending $800ish on them right now maybe one day in the future when im done with everything else. They would go nicely with your thuren coilovers(he still hasn't answered me about my custom ones:()

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
I'm looking at a Rancho Ready Lift to bring the front up a little, I had those on my last truck and loved the ride quality. I've read quite a bit on replacing the UCA, my question is what aftermarket UCA are y'all using? Is there any brand to avoid?

Mevotech is what a lot of us go with. They're around $100 for the pair and are much stronger than stock. Just make sure to paint and clear coat them before you install.

Mauzz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I would have went with them but i didnt feel like spending $800ish on them right now maybe one day in the future when im done with everything else. They would go nicely with your thuren coilovers(he still hasn't answered me about my custom ones)

Did you call or email? He normally returns phone calls in a day or so...

OP
OP
kg93

kg93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Did you call or email? He normally returns phone calls in a day or so...

i just emailed him, im not in a rush for them right now

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Does this apply to 4th Gen 2500's too?
No , the 2500 have a straight front axle not Independent Front Suspension IFS.

To my knowledge.

lucky8926

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
No , the 2500 have a straight front axle not Independent Front Suspension IFS.

To my knowledge.
This is correct. 2500's have SFA. That being said, is there anything else that should be change or "beefed up" on the 2500 if doing the Bilstein level?

DarthMegaHD

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4 MegaCab 4x4 Black Edition
This is correct. 2500's have SFA. That being said, is there anything else that should be change or "beefed up" on the 2500 if doing the Bilstein level?

Bump on this. Would like to know if I need to do anything else to level my 2500 besides spacer and bils

Csanders1992

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500s can't do the bilstein level. The only way to achieve lift on a 2500 is a coil spacer or longer coils. Best method would be to buy a complete leveling kit for one. Also I would recommend getting an adjustable trac bar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

firemedic10584

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just put bils on my 2016 couple days ago. Set them at 2.8. I'll keep an eye on the ball joints. Definitely a good thread as I wasn't aware of any problems being associated with the bils

lucky8926

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
2500s can't do the bilstein level. The only way to achieve lift on a 2500 is a coil spacer or longer coils. Best method would be to buy a complete leveling kit for one. Also I would recommend getting an adjustable trac bar

I think Bilstein makes a setup for the 2500's. Longer coils with 5100 shocks. It's been about a year since I researched this but I think I remember seeing that somewhere. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Csanders1992

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I think Bilstein makes a setup for the 2500's. Longer coils with 5100 shocks. It's been about a year since I researched this but I think I remember seeing that somewhere. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Right. Because the bilsteins don't achieve the lift, the coils do. On the 1500s the lift is achieved from the bilsteins, why I said bilstein level.

Informal

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
there is also total chaos at about $800
Probably the best

Is that the name of it?

Or were you describing what happens when you accidentally leave the receipt where your wife see's it?

OP
OP
kg93

kg93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Is that the name of it?

Or were you describing what happens when you accidentally leave the receipt where your wife see's it?
Lmao both

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

13bighorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
So if I were to go with mevotech UCA'S what kind of balljoints would I be able to put in there? In planning 20x 14 rims with billstein shocks so I'm gonna have to get good at replacing balljoints so I was wanting to go moog for their lifetime warranty

Csanders1992

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So if I were to go with mevotech UCA'S what kind of balljoints would I be able to put in there? In planning 20x 14 rims with billstein shocks so I'm gonna have to get good at replacing balljoints so I was wanting to go moog for their lifetime warranty

With the price of the mevotechs your probably better off just replacing the whole arm

13bighorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
With the price of the mevotechs your probably better off just replacing the whole arm

Rather than get moog balljoints? Why do you say that? I know full well going into this that it's going to be a common issue to have to replace balljoints so might as well get ones with a warranty. I'm new with 4th gens though and their uca problems so that is why I'm asking