Android Auto Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

evanxrs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2019 Ram 1500 Rebel (Black)

So I had a problem with the entertainment module freezing and shutting of then restarting while driving. It had done to updates and as frustrated by it so took it into the dealership. They indicated there was a problem with the remote download (common problem) and had to wipe the software and download / reinstall. It took a long time but seems to have fixed the freezing issue.

I have noticed another issue. The android auto wont connect. When it is plugged in sometimes it says trying to connect, trying to connect and over and over. At this time the screen is blinking like it is charging but will not connect.

Apple CarPlay works on the wifes iPhone with no issues.

I have tried the cable and the cable charges no problem in all ports (Front and back of truck). I have tried different cables and works fine. I have reinstalled android auto and updated it. I have cleared the cache on the andriod auto app, google player services and the google app per some other threads.

Apparently if you hold the "tune" and "browse" buttons for 10 sec at the same time it reset's the console. Have not tried this but don't think it will make a difference.

This is not working for me.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AndroidAuto/comments/bxwayg/android_auto_not_connecting_to_vehicle/

rush2112

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I found in my 2019 3500 I would have connection issues as well. Seemed to be when I would stop to get gas or plug phone in first then start truck. Dealer told me to start truck first and let radio power up first, then plug in. That seemed to work but was inconvenient to say the least. Also had a few times where the phone lost Bluetooth pairing with truck. Just never made sense. Had an update to radio that was to fix issues but ended up trading for a 2021 1500 so not sure if it really did fix anything. Haven't had the same issues in new truck.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk