Annoying idiosyncrasies about our trucks!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OD Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 4.7
I does after a few hours of sitting there. I still am trying to find out why. :p Mechanic told me there's nothing wrong with it though. But it's just a quirk. :p

OD Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 4.7
Just discovered another. I have to fiddle with the lights to turn them off at night.

huntram03

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CUMMINS
The wiper also needs a spoiler because when I am on the freeway, the wiper is lifted enough from the wind that it won't completely wipe the windshield. There is a huge difference when you wipe while parked or at low speeds.

That has annoyed me since day 1!

Also have a popping sound coming from the drivers side front wheel when I brake and turn right.. Its not the cv and brakes were just changed and been re checked.. I think that its the shock, I have had a lot of issues with shocks on this truck.. Guess I am gonna have to drop the $$ and get the Bilstins..

The location of the drain holes on the fenders in the rear.. They put them up high and water sits in there and causes the rust..

Hemitom

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
the wipers having a mind of their own...wiping when ever they feel like it and not wiping when you first turn them on unless you put them on high...like it ever since new.....

Catchin Zs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
the wipers having a mind of their own...wiping when ever they feel like it and not wiping when you first turn them on unless you put them on high...like it ever since new.....

Mine are like that too!! Completely forgot about that!

Mikeman13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 4.7
Bringing up an old one here!

lifters ticking... makes me absolutely insane.

Oil Plug location.

derekp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
1990 5.9 Cummins
My truck makes this weird banging noise when I go over speed bumps at 80. Its the little things that bother me...

No but seriously, the grille on my truck broke a few clips on the back and it rattles when I drive. I hate the way these plastic grilles are constructed.

xb1230

Hobby Mechanic
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Can't believe anyone brought it up yet... The darn HVAC door system... Not just the recirc, the blends as well...

All of the Suspension/Steering issues, starting with the Lower Ball-Joints, and R-n-P on the 1500.

The wind noise from the door seals at high speed... can't hear the radio or exhaust anymore... Because of this I can't tell if my Cup Holders rattle or not... ;)

The one thing that drives me nuts is how high the 4x4 sits out of the factory and with such skinny tires...

Other than that and a few manufacturing flaws on the 4.7L I just love my Gas Hog!

fn257

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The wind noise from the door seals at high speed... can't hear the radio or exhaust anymore... Because of this I can't tell if my Cup Holders rattle or not.

x2 on wind noise

WulfGang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Tach stopped working

4 way flasher button popped out and wont stay pressed in. I have to wedge a piece of paper in it.

Noticed one day that my lights were out in my heater/ac controls.
I wonder if that is related to why my cigarette lighter isn't working now...

So often I will have a squeeling. If I leave the truck parked for a bit with the emergency brake on, release, and BACK UP, it seems to make it stop. For awhile.
If I set the brake, release, GO FORWARD, it don't do a damned thing.

rust

Harley Harrold

USAF Ret. 36+ years service
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
The LED's in the instrument cluster that go out. Wish they had stayed with regular bulbs, at least they are easy to replace. I have 2 or 3 that don't work now.

LTDMan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Magnum V8
The rattling that comes from the Dash's Glovebox area on mine. My interior is completely silent at speed, no wind noise whatsoever, so it's very noticeable, and things like that annoy me to no end. Gonna have to take everything apart in there and investigate one day. If it's just the plastic parts themselves, it should be able to be solved by installing some kind of sound deadening, like dynamat, at certain points inside there, especially the mounting points. Other than that, everything has been great so far. She rides like a dream. Love this truck.

LTDMan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Magnum V8
I just got done messing with it on mine. Turns out it was just the plastic parts of the glovebox and surrounding area. Mopar Plastic Problems, lol. Solved it with about $10 of strategically placed dynamat. I'm gonna do the entire interior next, just to make her feel that much more solid.

Explit Player

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The cup holders are the worst! I usually always have a bottle or something in there for weight but if I clean my truck out and forget to close it up before I go drive it annoys me!

My CEL coming on telling me I have a misfire due to a probably bad plug wire that I've replaced twice already

My rear end noise I've had since the day I took possession of the truck

My steering wheel having a little play in it that makes me a likely DUI candidate.

It's the little things that really grind my gears :)

Mine had the steering wheel play, check the link to the rack and pinion about halfway down the shaft

Explit Player

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Bringing up an old one here!

lifters ticking... makes me absolutely insane.

Oil Plug location.

Jeeeeeeeeeeez tell me about tge lifters. I mean come on. That and the exhaust manufold slight leak. Like My truck looks and sounds perfect except for that ****