Another Ball Joint Thread...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Terrence R

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
So, I too am baffled after searching for lower ball joints for a 2010 Ram 1500 4x4. Seems like the only answers I can get locally are "got to replace the entire Lower control arm". But doing a bit of searching online here, I see that SOME people (very few) have used the K7411 with good results. Can anyone clarify on whether or not I can install the K7411 lower ball joints on the existing lower control arms? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanx.

OP
OP
T

Terrence R

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Ok, so all u guys that are wondering the same thing; its do-able! I'm sure others have also done it, but for some reason aren't speaking up about it.

For getting the lower ball joint out; I was told multiple times that the ball joint is "riveted in". After taking a close look, it only has 3 folded edges on the top of the lower control arm. I just grounded down the folded edges and pressed the ball joint out effortlessly with a ball joint press.

As for the K7411 ball joint; it seems to be about 1/8" too short to be able to get the locking c-clip on, so I'm going to find one that is long enough. I'll report back with results and part numbers.

OP
OP
T

Terrence R

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I got the K7411 ball joints to work. I had to grind an 1/8" off of the upper part of the lower control arm in order to get the snap-ring on. All in all, it's done now and I didn't have to spend a million dollars on control arms just for a couple ball joints.

cbo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for posting this! I dont need em yet but i know one day i will, now i have this info in my back pocket bc you took the time to make this forum better.

Thumbs up!

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
nice!.. ya most just drop the 100$ and upgrade there control arms..

pil03001

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
Any tips on removing the upper ball joint?