Another Bils question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JRam813

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have looked and found answers on both sides of this discussion. I found that totally aweosme sticky about lifting. My head has been doing loopty loops trying to keep up! So here are a few things I wanted to go over regarding lifting/leveling with Bils.

If I use the 5100's on the front, set at 2.8 then I DO NOT need to do UCA's? When I looked at the cheaper hockey puck style (before I found this awesome forum) I found a lot of data showing it was recommended to do the UCA with the pucks. Since the angle changes with the Bils, doing the UCA is not needed, correct?

Do I need to do rears to keep the look of the truck level (rake)? A close friend that I trust did all four with Bils and did the Tuff Trucks rear springs also. It added capacity to his and a little bit of lift. I couldn't tell a difference by sight when looking at it. But, if I do add the springs, are Bils necessary? Do I need to anything to the rear whats so ever?

I think those are my final questions so I can purchase everything I need.

Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You don't "need" to do new UCAs but it is smart to go ahead a do it since it is only a few more steps when installing the bils. Saves you pain in the future.
If you set the front at 2.8 the frontend will be slightly taller, but I don't think anyone will notice it unless they sit and stare at it.

madrock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The 5100 lift using pre-load and don't extend the shocks like a leveling kit does. Stock UCA's are fine but you should always keep an eye out for the ball joints regardless.

Every truck is different. Mine is a midget compared to other 4WD Ram's. Some can go without altering the rear while others get a 3/4" lift. The best route is to install the front, get an alignment and let it run a few days to settle. From there, decide if you want to touch the rear.

OP
OP
JRam813

JRam813

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What is a good place to purchase all these suspension parts from? (site sponsor?)

Do we have a thread with P/N for everything too?

BLS

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Sport - Blue Streak
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What is a good place to purchase all these suspension parts from? (site sponsor?)

Do we have a thread with P/N for everything too?

Looks like we're being "that guy". I'm with you man. But I'm lost. You sound like you've got an idea of what you're doing.

OP
OP
JRam813

JRam813

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks like we're being "that guy". I'm with you man. But I'm lost. You sound like you've got an idea of what you're doing.

I do ( I think).

A close friend did front Bils set at 2.8, rear Tuff Truck ( I think that's the name??) springs and rear Bils as well. It looks very nice and he said it rides great. I think that is the way I am going.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I agree with madrock above , do the bills @2.8 in the front , get an alignment and drive it a few days befor taking any measurements . After driving for a few days the front will be settled in and a good time for measurement.
At that point just know over time 6+ months or so the bills up front will drop about a 1/2" so if you choose to add spacers to the rear coils keep the 1/2 drop in mind .

Just so you know , the rear bils are not the 5100s and do not provide lift to the rear , they are great shocks though .

I recommend doing the bils yourself , seems more issues are created when folks have a shop do it .
Either way , if you haven't seen my bils install post I'll post it here .

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?ur...&share_tid=79370&share_fid=17770&share_type=t

Alright guys.. BILSTEINS post your pics!!!

Hope this helps !

Last edited:
OP
OP
JRam813

JRam813

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I agree with madrock above , do the bills @2.8 in the front , get an alignment and drive it a few days befor taking any measurements . After driving for a few days the front will be settled in and a good time for measurement.
At that point just know over time 6+ months or so the bills up front will drop about a 1/2" so if you choose to add spacers to the rear coils keep the 1/2 drop in mind .

Just so you know , the rear bils are not the 5100s and do not provide lift to the rear , they are great shocks though .

I recommend doing the bils yourself , seems more issues are created when folks have a shop do it .
Either way , if you haven't seen my bils install post I'll post it here .

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?ur...&share_tid=79370&share_fid=17770&share_type=t

Alright guys.. BILSTEINS post your pics!!!

Hope this helps !

It does! Thank you! I'm searching around for where to buy everything currently.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It does! Thank you! I'm searching around for where to buy everything currently.
Check out this link below , ( Brandonjanson ) is a fantastic source for Ram lift questions and information Sir .
I'm not familiar with the email address he provides here ,but I've never seen him send anyone in the wrong direction .
This link takes you straight to the post to the email provided by Brandonjanson , for a great guide to Leveling with all the info you need for level kits and tire sizing and more just go to post #1 and start reading .

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?ur...&share_tid=70918&share_fid=17770&share_type=t

Guide to Leveling & Wheel and Tire Sizing for 06+ 4wd Ram 1500's

Hope this helps !

Last edited:
OP
OP
JRam813

JRam813

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Check out this link below , ( Brandonjanson ) is a fantastic source for Ram lift questions and information Sir .
I'm not familiar with the email address he provides here ,but I've never seen him send anyone in the wrong direction .
This link takes you straight to the post to the email provided by Brandonjanson , for a great guide to Leveling with all the info you need for level kits and tire sizing and more just go to post #1 and start reading .

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?ur...&share_tid=70918&share_fid=17770&share_type=t

Guide to Leveling & Wheel and Tire Sizing for 06+ 4wd Ram 1500's

Hope this helps !

Thank you very much, sir!