ANOTHER BRAKE THREAD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ram Wagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Just putting this out there. After going to 37" tires a couple of weeks ago i finally got around to changing the tire size with my ALFAOBD with that accomplished i decided to do the ABS brake bleed with the alfaobd. what a difference that made with how my brakes respond and feel now. The pedal is firm, i can actually hear the tires leaving a little rubber on the road in a "panic" brake. Just don't know why i waited so long to do this. No more mushy brake pedal feel. Holds the truck in place in 4-LO now without it trying to creep forward and the pedal being to the floor.

RndmGlitch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I would like to know more about this "ABS brake bleed with the alfaobd"....

RAZ175

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L
I recently did this same procedure. Initially did a flush/bleed to get all the old fluid out followed by the ABS bleed using Alfaobd. You have to do another 4 wheel brake bleed after, and I got a ton of air out after the ABS bleed. Much happier with the brake performance now. Nice solid pedal.

sawman556

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
I bought a new PW about a month ago and thought something was wrong with my brakes. Had the dealer look at them and they said they are fine. Don't like them at all. You really have to push them to the floor. And then I get in my Hellcat and those brakes want to throw you through the windshield.

OP
OP
Ram Wagon

Ram Wagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I bought a new PW about a month ago and thought something was wrong with my brakes. Had the dealer look at them and they said they are fine. Don't like them at all. You really have to push them to the floor. And then I get in my Hellcat and those brakes want to throw you through the windshield.

Wish the power wagons had the 6-piston brembo's like our hellcats do, however the rotors are damn expensive to replace.ty.jpg

OP
OP
Ram Wagon

Ram Wagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I recently did this same procedure. Initially did a flush/bleed to get all the old fluid out followed by the ABS bleed using Alfaobd. You have to do another 4 wheel brake bleed after, and I got a ton of air out after the ABS bleed. Much happier with the brake performance now. Nice solid pedal.

I was only able to do a partial abs bleed as i didn't have a second person to open the bleed valves for me while you are supposed to keep pressure on the pedal. just that in itself made a big difference on how firm the pedal feels. The full bleed will happen this weekend.

RAZ175

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L
I was only able to do a partial abs bleed as i didn't have a second person to open the bleed valves for me while you are supposed to keep pressure on the pedal. just that in itself made a big difference on how firm the pedal feels. The full bleed will happen this weekend.
You can do that part by yourself. When it prompts you to crack the bleeder screw, just get get out and do it, get back in, step on the pedal and hit continue. It will then cycle the valves with the bleeder open. After that's complete, close the bleeder and continue on.

2005DRAM2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I have replaced every brake part, line and hose in my 2005 Dodge RAM 2500.
And when I say EVERYTHING, I mean it. SST Lines, hoses, calipers, booster, MC, ETC.
Including, replacing the Kelsey-Hayes ABS Pump/Module. (HATE)
I have bled the system 1M times using a vacuum canister and the pedal method.
Cycled the ABS Pump with my Autel MX808 scanner 1M times.
Setup the LF brake up with a submerged clear line in a canister with brake fluid, cycled the brake alone and with the ABS bleed.
No air bubbles at any corner.

Rock hard pedal with engine OFF. Halfway to the floor with engine ON.

Has to be this GOD FORSAKEN Kelsey-Hayes ABS block that has air trapped in it still.

Last option for me is to take the truck out of the shop and lock up the brakes somewhere to get the ABS to fully actuate and hopefully pass this air downstream.
Then bleed it again!

Any sage advice out there?

Thanks!