Another electrical issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

txbass06

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Got in my truck tonight to head home from work and now my turn signals are acting up (thanks Brandon). They'll blink once then flash really fast, almost like a strobe. I haven't had a chance to look at anything but I've never seen a flasher cause this. I'm thinking it's in the switch itself.

Here's a vid so you can see what I'm talking about
th_1d994f75.jpg

Last edited:

Muddytazz

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 2500HD 4x4
Engine
Hemi baby
Check the obvious first....bulbs, make sure your sockets are getting good contact (my wifes acura had the same thing and it was a back socket). Then lastly the flasher.

Considering its doing it on both sides......ground, flasher or switch

OP
OP
txbass06

txbass06

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Thanks Jeff. I'm leaning more towards the switch being the culprit. I'll check the bulbs and sockets and swap flashers when I get the chance tomorrow after class. Hoping it's an easy (cheap) fix

MikesRammin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
Sounds like there is a short in the wire somewhere. I remember an episode on Truck U a couple years ago with the same problem they traced the wire and found a short. Cut the wire spliced in a new piece and it was good. Just a thought.

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Ok this is a random thought but my buddy just had his exploder do almost the same thing. Try tilting the wheel up and down see if it makes a difference. His was doing something similar and turns out the tilt was pulling the harness apart.

OP
OP
txbass06

txbass06

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Guess I should've updated this lol. Turns out it was just a flasher. I swapped the signal and hazard flashers and it stopped doing it with my turn signals but my hazards wouldn't flash.
I had replaced both flashers about 6 months ago though. I got a new pair from autozone that are supposed to outlast my truck. We'll see about that one lol. If it happens again, then I'll start looking for shorts or anything else

Thanks for all the suggestions guys