another p0463 issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chip5

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hi all, A while back I had the dreaded 463 issue, fuel gauge did not work- light on. Made sense this time. Changed out the pump and all good for almost a year on my 16 Ram 1500 with a 5.7. Then the light popped back on! I scanned it to find the 463 was back! this time the fuel gauge still works and no other symptom's or issues or codes- and to make the mystery even more fun - the light intermittently (at all fuel levels) pops on and off it can stay on or off for minutes or days. Nothing jumps at me in the wiring- Fuel pump seems to always work fine. I do live in the northeast so corrosion is a big possibility/probability. I can reset the code and drive it for a few days or hours- then start it , and back on it comes... Full disclosure- It is a AMAZON fuel pump. Everything else is extremely clean and in great shape, never wrecked etc. I am tempted to change the pump again, but if the gauge works, can it be the sensor on the pump? Maybe a bad ground someplace? any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated!

Motorhead440

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine just came on today 2016 Ram 1500 5.7 , 62k miles. No other symptoms, just the light. There's a procedure to reset the sensor. I tried it and the CEL is gone. Im skeptical but we shall see.

"Turn off the ignition switch. Depress and hold the “ODO/TRIP” button while turning the ignition switch to the “On” position."

Look in your owners manual to locate the " trip odo button".