Any E-torque battery fires ever reported

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DanAR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I’m a big critic of the current field of electric vehicles with their exploding lithium battery packs, poor range, poor quality, poor reliability, high environmental adverse impact, Government involvement with fake carbon credits - just the whole damn thing. Sworn I will never own one or park one in my garage until all of the above are corrected.

And then I feel I somewhat compromised myself by going out and buying a 2023 RAM with e-torque and a dreaded, 48 volt lithium battery pack and parked it in my garage no less. At least it isn’t on a charger in there - figure that’s one point in my favor. Most of those exploding lithium battery scooter fires happen during charging.

But curious - has anyone heard of a battery fire in one of the RAM trucks with e-torque??? Just asking.

Stavinksi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Do you own a cell phone? They have exploding lithium batteries too and most people carry them in their pockets. Enjoy the great truck and worry about stuff you can control and who you vote for. Regular cars and lead acid 12V batteries have been catching fire for decades. It’s rare, but it happens. I’m sure there is an eTorque battery that has caught fire somewhere too. For sure there will be another. There are literally a million of them on the road.

OP
OP
DanAR

DanAR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Oh I’m very aware of how widespread lithium batteries are. I have the same concerns about all my power tools in the garage. It’s a worry any time I put a battery on the charger and have to leave it for awhile. I’m also aware that certain products cause a high percentage of the lithium battery fires - 220 fires and 10 deaths were recorded in NYC alone last year from scooter lithium battery fires. I would sleep a little better at night knowing there haven’t been any reports of RAM etorque battery fires.

clay282

Black Betty had a child... named Betty White
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
There has been fires that are unexplained. There has been battery issues. Anything you can think of, has happened. IF…. IF, it was a problem and a genuine concern, a law firm would have a class action case going, even before NHTSA gave it a shrug. Guess what, there isn’t a case. If there was ANY chance of making money from a flaw or safety concern, them greedy ***** would be in court demanding money.

I see you are also in Arkansas. Currently, our furnaces catching fire from the thermal load and pipes freezing, should be your only worry.

Enjoy your truck!