Any thoughts on Diff fluid?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HS-LD

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Any thoughts or ideas regarding the best diff fluid to run with the lockers?

Mobil 1 LS 75w90? Red Line 75w90?

Probably all would be OK, I'm wondering what would be optimal.

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Is that Mobil synthetic? I don't think you would go wrong with it. Ultimately it's nice to use something you can readily get if you need to in a pinch. I try to standardize across the board with all vehicles where possible. Just write down somewhere what brand you put in it (whatever you decide).

MJockey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I recommend Amsoil or Red Line. I had a problem with the factory brand diff fluid in my Titan burning (tuning black) when towing. I switch to Amsoil and it says amber even though I'm towing much heavier now.

Docpaulo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Mobil 1 for me... honestly any synthetic will do... you can put motor oil and it will work in a pinch... diff oil is not picky unless water gets in...

When i replaced mine it was clean after 40k miles..

Ghaugo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Power Wagon
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Amsoil Severe Gear. I run 75W110 in the rear end and I run 75w90 in the front. I signed up as a dealer because I like their products, and now many of my buddies are getting hooked, too. Let me know if you need any help.