Anyone ever swap out the transfer case shifter knob?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
thkbaron

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I ended up ordering a t handle hurst shifter with a 3 inch extension. I'll see how I like it. I kinda just wanted the mopar ball like you have but in black but I like the idea of the t handle for it's purpose.

OP
OP
thkbaron

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I'm going to order a different one off that sight. thanks for the tip! I like the ivory dodge one.

OP
OP
thkbaron

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Lol. Oh yeah. How rude. Maybe he prefers some other flavor.

SeppW

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Twisted shifterz has an assortment.

OP
OP
thkbaron

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Yeah that was my concern too. It's damn close. It's work it to be able to rest your hand on it. I like the change. They do make some extensions that are curve but then you'll get into the other end where it'll hit in 4 high which is used way more often.

OP
OP
thkbaron

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Yeah I like it. Kinda surprised more haven’t done this mod.

Bud Short

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017, 2018
Engine
6.7L turbo diesel in both trucks
The dog chewed my knob. (Don't you hate when that happens?) I had an 8-ball from a pool ball set, drilled and tapped the 8-ball. 10mm - 1.50 tap, I used a "Q" size drill bit and drilled a little bit more than 1" into the ball. (The tap says use "R" size drill bit, but the "Q" is a little bit tighter and you are drilling into phenolic.) Tapped the hole with the 10mm-1.5 tap. Use the nut that held the original knob down and screw it as far as it will go onto the threaded shaft. Screw the 8-ball down until it hits the bottom of the hole or touches the nut. Back the 8-ball off until the "8" is correctly aligned, then tighten the nut against the bottom of the ball to lock it in place. My wife liked my 8-ball so much I had to go out and get another 8-ball for her Ram truck. Regulation 2-1/4" pool ball feels a lot better than the stock knob.

OP
OP
thkbaron

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Yeah it’s fun. Makes the transfer case knob feels like less of an afterthought.