Anyone good with AutoCAD?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
kg93

kg93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Here you go... an updated version that ties in the cab basket to the rest of the cage.

You could have the shop weld up some tabs to the front to mount your lights. Wouldn't be hard to add them to the front.

almost perfect! One more version should do it! :roflsquared: sorry :happy107:

Just add the measurements for me please!

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
almost perfect! One more version should do it! :roflsquared: sorry :happy107:

Just add the measurements for me please!

I didn't do the measurements just in case there was something else to change first. I'll make up a drawing that has the measurements on it. It'll have to be after the weekend, though. I'll get you some measurements on Monday.

Last edited:
OP
OP
kg93

kg93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I didn't do the measurements just in case there was something else to change first. I'll make up a drawing that has the measurements on it.

its good enough, the rest i can just explain to my guy

bryan28

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The guys/gals on this forum are awesome. It never ceases to amaze me how helpful just about everyone on this site is. Willing to help total strangers out like this. It is impressive. Ask just about any question and someone will try to help you if they can.

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just realized I forgot to turn the crossbars back on on the basket over the cab. I had them "hidden" to work on some other parts.

OP
OP
kg93

kg93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Just realized I forgot to turn the crossbars back on on the basket over the cab. I had them "hidden" to work on some other parts.

i didnt even notice at first!

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just one other thing you need to do.... teach me solidworks lol [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
kg93

kg93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Since you'll be going back into mind actually just doing one last thing? Pull the top rail back an inch or two and put a light cage on it, feel free to do your own design. It just needs to fit 4 9" round lights. Similar to the way the smittybuilt rack is but it doesnt have to look just like that 5adb5958f4927500e423ad49d9053fa7.png

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

Dmopar74

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Not sure your aware but the bed rails on rams get skinnier as they go back. The bed on my 6'4" box looses 3.5" width from front to back

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here you go... an updated version that ties in the cab basket to the rest of the cage.

You could have the shop weld up some tabs to the front to mount your lights. Wouldn't be hard to add them to the front.

i cant tell from your pic, but did you have those 4 rails from the front to the back solid the full length or are they "cut" at each intersection?

reason i ask is it would be stronger to keep them solid and cut the members that cross them.

do you have an fea program to see how much the over hung part can safely hold?

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Here is a rough drawing with some dimensions on it. I adjusted the cab basket rail back 2" to allow for your light bar. I'll let your fab guys come up with a design for the lights. I'm pretty sure this should give them enough to go off of. Good luck with it. You'll have to show us some pictures when you get it built.

FYI... I didn't know what type of material you are going to use. I just picked some basic tubing to use in SolidWorks. You can have your shop use whatever they deem necessary. They will probably make some changes as necessary to help with rigidity and support. And, just to be safe (because you never know in today's society), I'm not liable for any damages after this point. ;) I'm not an engineer, so don't hold that against me. :D

Attachments

• BED RACK PROTOTYPE3.jpg
    BED RACK PROTOTYPE3.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 73
  • BED RACK PROTOTYPE3-2.jpg
    BED RACK PROTOTYPE3-2.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
OP
OP
kg93

kg93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Here is a rough drawing with some dimensions on it. I adjusted the cab basket rail back 2" to allow for your light bar. I'll let your fab guys come up with a design for the lights. I'm pretty sure this should give them enough to go off of. Good luck with it. You'll have to show us some pictures when you get it built.

FYI... I didn't know what type of material you are going to use. I just picked some basic tubing to use in SolidWorks. You can have your shop use whatever they deem necessary. They will probably make some changes as necessary to help with rigidity and support. And, just to be safe (because you never know in today's society), I'm not liable for any damages after this point. ;) I'm not an engineer, so don't hold that against me. :D
Sweet thanks man, more then enough to go off of. I owe you one haha.

Lmao I like your disclaimer

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You ever get your shop to build this? Show it off, if you did. :D

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just checking in to see if you ever got this built.