anyone got a fix for the dreded running board coming off?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

randallwoodward

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So my Longhorn a little while back had the driverside running board tear off. i'm curious if anyone sells a bracket that will fix this so i can get it mounted back on.

Thanks

fastgti

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7. hemi
Send a picture where it broke. I have a few ideas but need to see where the damage was done at

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

02blkram47

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Send a picture where it broke. I have a few ideas but need to see where the damage was done at

I'll do that. But in the meantime it basically pulled right it of the rocker panel. These steps don't attach to the frame anymore.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

CanadianNick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
You could fabricate some
Brackets that mount to the frame instead

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Luverne makes some that are made mount to our frames. They aren't cheap though.

As a possible fix for op, depending how they came out maybe enlarging the stock holes and using a larger size nutsert might work

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

RAMTRPR

"Enjoy The Little Things"
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Luverne makes some that are made mount to our frames. They aren't cheap though.

As a possible fix for op, depending how they came out maybe enlarging the stock holes and using a larger size nutsert might work

Do this + make a bracket to go from back of rocker to frame. Keep OEM look and make them stronger.

2009 QCSB 4WD - Not Stock [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My GoRhino running boards seem to mount better... The included brackets accept 3 bolts directly into the bracket and there are 3 brackets instead of 2 like the stockers.

I do plan on coming up with a brace directly to the frame when I get a chance though

FXCLM5

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie CC
Engine
ED 3.0 V6
take it to a exhaust shop and have them weld some bracket to the running board and bend it to mount to the cab, then drill some holes for bolts and boom your done

its what i would do, say $20 bucks

take off the other bracket and give them a idea for the angles but elongate the holes so you have adjustability

blairwilder97

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
b29c9196ec0280ce2b1618ad7c73d976.jpg
This is where mine broke at. Buddy of mine said he’s fixed multiple of them at a truck shop he use to work at. They would just hammer it flat and weld a big washer around it to help support it again!

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Hopefully not, but I had a factory step break off on me climbing into the truck years ago and my shin hurts again thinking about it as I smashed it off the sill plate on the way down.

jdwildman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
This actually is a common problem. AMP Research makes a reinforcement bracket that is money for fixing this problem. Have to pound it back flat and grind it smooth, then weld these brackets on. After that, I had no issues. Did it to both of my running boards at all attachment points before I sold my 1500. Best to wait until it pulls out all the way before doing it, otherwise you’ll have a rivnut floating around in your body making racket. Should be able to find it in the forum somewhere...that’s where I found it.

jdwildman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
SDTruckSprings is where I bought mine from. The video says that it’s for mounting a Powerstep, but it works well for remounting your OEM step.

02blkram47

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Do this + make a bracket to go from back of rocker to frame. Keep OEM look and make them stronger.

2009 QCSB 4WD - Not Stock [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Anyone have a part# for these? Thanks for all the options.

02blkram47

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
This actually is a common problem. AMP Research makes a reinforcement bracket that is money for fixing this problem. Have to pound it back flat and grind it smooth, then weld these brackets on. After that, I had no issues. Did it to both of my running boards at all attachment points before I sold my 1500. Best to wait until it pulls out all the way before doing it, otherwise you’ll have a rivnut floating around in your body making racket. Should be able to find it in the forum somewhere...that’s where I found it.

Thanks, I'll be checking for it.

wobly

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Ram 2500 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
AMP Research makes reinforcement panels. I bought them and had a guy weld them in. You will have to drill out the remaining rivnuts and then pound the metal around the ripped holes flat.

You can call AMP Research to order them.

I had to do this to all six mounting points on my truck after I ripped off both running boards.

jdwildman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
Originally, it was per plate. The price was actually 12.95 previously. Not sure why it’s that expensive now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tigger54