Anyone have a good source for G238 internals??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Always Dirty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5th gear is getting hard to get into lately, pretty sure I’ve got a synchro on its way out. Still totally drivable, but want to have a gameplan for a worst case scenario. Midwest seems useless on these anymore.

3pedals

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Don’t know of any sources outside Midwest…do they no longer carry any g238 parts? I can PM you the name of the shop in Modesto that had my G238 rebuilt early last year if you’d like.

What trans oil you running? Redline c+ atf has always worked great in my g238, and the transmission had over 400k very hard miles before needing a rebuild.

OP
OP
A

Always Dirty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Maybe I’m using their site wrong or something, nothing looks like it’s in stock. I’ve been running plain Jane o rielly +4 @ 40k intervals. Just about to roll 200k. The fluid I’ve drained out has always been as clean as the new fluid I’ve filled with, so we shall see. Been too cold n wet outside for me to want to deal with this lately.