Anyone installed lock/safe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

easongt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummings
Has anyone installed something similar to this and your storage compartment in the rear?ba0865eee64e73cf6bc7988637d30736.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
easongt

easongt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummings

TonyMM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 RAM 1500 CC 6"4 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I installed these. Not really heavy duty locks but I still like to have the storage bins locked.

PaulTGarrett

Grumpy old man
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
408 Cummins Turbo Diesel
I installed these on my truck. Not bulletproof but better than nothing. I only use them when I'm stepping out of the truck to grab lunch or something, a nice place to lock up "my little friend"... Most smash and grab thefts are the center console and under the seat, not the rear seat moving a tool bag to get to a locked floor compartment. I don't really leave anything important in the truck at night, plus I have an alarm, security cameras, and a couple of motion sensor floodlights in the driveway.

Once I get my new shop built, I plan on fabricating up some metal doors to replace the factory plastic ones.

Cummins Dog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I got two of these Tuffy lids keyed alike - great fit and very secure.

https://www.tuffyproducts.com/p-509-ram-in-floor-storage-security-lid.aspx

I have this except to improve the security I had a steel box welded up to replace the plastic/fiberglass (or whatever it is made out of) factory box. I figured if someone thought there was something good in there they could just slide under the truck and kick the factory box and break it. A steel box makes that slightly harder to do. Best part, (for me at least), is my son welds and had enough "scrap" steel laying around that the box cost me $0.