Anyone running a soft tonneau?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jetsfan122

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Express Crew Cab White
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the mopar tri-fold cover . I love it . Very well made. Better than others I've seen on other Rams . Not 100 % water tight , but the only time I've ever gotten water in the bed was after torrential rain and it was minimal. I highly recommend it .

huff2462

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is there a soft tonneau that doesn't cover up the stake pockets? I have Bullring tie-downs in mine.
The LoPro QT and other low profile covers mount to the inside of the bed rails instead of on top of them, so you still have full access to stake pockets.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ItsMeKO3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Another vote for the Truxedo. Great price, easy install, serves its purpose well and stores out of the way when you need the bed. Don't mind the bird **** on the cover. b20fa2a163c0ffb44c38ed2e9aa2c40c.jpg70bee4e67f1971b222125a7002322d97.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

huff2462

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got my new Lo Pro QT in to replace the TruxPort cover I've had for the last 4 years, and installed it. I really like how it looks (looks much better than the TruxPort, IMO).

So today I took my truck to the same car wash I've been going to for a few years and ran it through with the LoPro QT. The bed had water and suds in it at both the bulkhead and the tailgate!

After 4 years with the TruxPort, I never had any water in the bed. Admittedly, I added some additional weatherstripping at the bulkhead, but this seemed ridiculous!

I really like the look though, so I think I'll add some weatherstripping and try again.

Has anyone else had this with the Lo Pro QT?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
Is there a soft tonneau that doesn't cover up the stake pockets? I have Bullring tie-downs in mine.

Tonnopro low roll doesn't cover mine. I put plastic covers over my stake pockets to keep crap out. I almost went bullrings but heard they rattle when in the down position.

Sandbox

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Tonnopro low roll doesn't cover mine. I put plastic covers over my stake pockets to keep crap out. I almost went bullrings but heard they rattle when in the down position.

I have the Bullrings and love them. I've never heard them rattle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Mudder

Mudder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I ended up going with a TrailFX branded one. Got it and a drop in bedliner for $400. I'll post up thoughts when I get it in and on.

develand

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Truxedo lo pro qt is all I have ran on my last trucks. Great product and great quality. However this truck I am thinking the BAK Revolver x2.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
son in law has the gator trifold tonneau cover. exactly the same as my mopar cover. 250.00 for Ebay.

Last edited:

mphst15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have an Extang Trifecta. Easy access as well as on and easy off as others noted. Takes an adjustment or two the first install to ensure no leaks but other than that has been perfect.

BTW, I recently I noticed the corners were beginning to pull up some after 4+ years. Sent some pics to Extang. They said that should not happen and replaced it under the lifetime warranty at no cost to me. Customer service always responded within 1 day, and normally faster, with any of my questions I had.

RamRod13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have an Access Original roll up cover. Worked great on my 2008 so I got another one for my 2013. Overall it's a good product for the price, but I've had some issues keeping the clamps tight and minor water leakage on the new one. Would probably consider something different if I were to replace it.

jpeeps05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am using a new gator soft cover as well, I think it looks really good.

Attachments

• truckcover.jpg
    truckcover.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 52

Devin1349

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have an Access Original roll up cover. Worked great on my 2008 so I got another one for my 2013. Overall it's a good product for the price, but I've had some issues keeping the clamps tight and minor water leakage on the new one. Would probably consider something different if I were to replace it.
Mine is Access as well the only thing i wish I knew how to do is replace the velcro on the sides and on the angle iron that clamps to the bed itself it looks a little weird to me seeing my covers sides flapping in the wind at high speeds. if I had to get a different cover im sure ill go with the sliding (retractable) whichever its called, my father in law has it on his 99 F350 dually and it looks boss.

RamRod13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Mine is Access as well the only thing i wish I knew how to do is replace the velcro on the sides and on the angle iron that clamps to the bed itself it looks a little weird to me seeing my covers sides flapping in the wind at high speeds. if I had to get a different cover im sure ill go with the sliding (retractable) whichever its called, my father in law has it on his 99 F350 dually and it looks boss.

Might be worth contacting Access. I think I remember the guy telling me they could replace the velcro when I bought my first one.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have an Extang Trifecta. Easy access as well as on and easy off as others noted. Takes an adjustment or two the first install to ensure no leaks but other than that has been perfect.

BTW, I recently I noticed the corners were beginning to pull up some after 4+ years. Sent some pics to Extang. They said that should not happen and replaced it under the lifetime warranty at no cost to me. Customer service always responded within 1 day, and normally faster, with any of my questions I had.
I have the same cover and I just noticed mine is doing the same thing. So you just emailed them pics of the corners lifting up?

Craw

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Mine I guess is a half chub in terms of softness lol. I use the Revolver X2... f**ken love it. Expensive if you dont look for deals, find the model number of any tonneau cover and brand then enter it into Amazon. I scored my X2 for 360 dollars this way because if I ran by just name alone it didn't even pop up.

The X2, can roll up like a soft but when rolled out be hard and tough as a solid Tonneau Cover.

Example

BAK 39207

Popped up the following so 300 off. I found it this way, also the company that sells the used ones, send em with new hardware and weather tape all in sealed packages.

BIGGIEST NOTE: This COVER WILL NOT pull up on your plastic railings, I had one that was a tri-fold that pulled mine up and fought it with glue to no avail.

Attachments

• Example.jpg
    Example.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 51
  • 20170705_184640.jpg
    20170705_184640.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 53