Anyone successful swap the bw44-45 in place of the bw44-44 tcase

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mitchelljarvis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hey everyone, new to the forum. I have a 2013 ram sport with the bw44-44 tcase. I hated it from new. I use my truck as a truck and that transfer case has been the cause of many rescue mission to retrieve my truck from a mud hole, Snow banks or the fields. And now I think it finally s*** to bed. The slightest spin in 4hi and the message “4wd overheated temporarily reduce” pops up and I’m stuck with a overpriced 4x2. Ive search the forums far and wide looking for the bw4445 swap that was done successfully but all I’ve come up with was I do believe thunderhorse swapped it out and had issues with going back into 2wd, and going into 4hi.

Has anyone ever actually done the swap and figured out the switch problem.

Thanks in advanced everyone

Ps sorry if this thread is in the wrong spot

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited Loaded - Sold
Sounds like it would be easier to sell the truck and get a power wagon. You'll never get stuck again

ColdCase

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No one has made the swap and it functions cleanly. The only way seems to be swapping trucks. Sounds like the transfer case clutches are well worn and need rebuilt. There are a few threads around discussing how to make the -44 function better via rebuild.