Anyone used Liqui Moly 2009

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ckeefer58

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
So Hemi's being Hemi's, I'm sure everyone is aware of the problems that can develop from the Hemi tick, such as lifter and cam issues. My truck has around 50000 miles on it, and while I haven't had any issues, I do have lifter tick that is barely noticeable and mainly only on start up. I know that several members here have gotten rid of this by switching to red line oil due to it's higher moly content. I've been running Royal purple and I'm happy with it, so rather than switching oils, I've been looking into a moly additive like Liqui Moly 2009 to take away the tick and protect my engine. Has anyone had any experience with this product??

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
So you are aware RP took Moly out of their oil and you have lifter tick and you are happy with RP? ok then. But move over to RP HPS and you get moly in the oil.

Those moly supplements are very popular, it wont hurt to try. I would use 1/2 the can and give it time. The knock is most of their stuff is it's moly in suspension, meaning not oil soluble. If it works post up in synthetic oil thread so the forum knows.

OP
OP
ckeefer58

ckeefer58

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
So you are aware RP took Moly out of their oil and you have lifter tick and you are happy with RP? ok then. But move over to RP HPS and you get moly in the oil.

Those moly supplements are very popular, it wont hurt to try. I would use 1/2 the can and give it time. The knock is most of their stuff is it's moly in suspension, meaning not oil soluble. If it works post up in synthetic oil thread so the forum knows.
I knew that they took it out, it's more that I can get rp locally rather than ordering online. Figured I would try the additive and if that doesn't quiet it, then try moving over to redline.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
There are a whole bunch of oils you can buy locally that have moly, here is a list. Your plan does sound like a good plan, you still can use royal purple filters, I believe a very solid filter I buy by the case.

OP
OP
ckeefer58

ckeefer58

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
There are a whole bunch of oils you can buy locally that have moly, here is a list. Your plan does sound like a good plan, you still can use royal purple filters, I believe a very solid filter I buy by the case.
Yeah I figured I may as well try it for a couple bucks. Like I said, the tick is barely even noticeable​, I just want to be preventative.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Seams like cam failures are happening more and more, and most of them had the tick first. Oil is just one solution, replacing lifter could be another. Or it could even be exhaust bolts. I would keep trying to find an answer, I feel for the guys having to shell out 7 grand for Cams. good luck

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodie1990