Autostart comfort settings and Lighting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gormly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just purchased a 2017 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad BigHorn

I love this truck. I have never been a truck guy but I most certainly am one now.

But I have two "issues".

First, lighting. I want the best I can get and I noticed looking through various car parts places, they are talking about "Ram 1500 without Factory Projector Headlights" I checked my sticker, not a word about the headlights, so I assume this is an option (factory projector) not on my truck.

Should I aftermarket upgrade the lights? Is it better? I want the best lights I can get but not at the expense of ******* other drivers off (lol). I mean they do not seem all that weak but I have a seriously long and exceedingly dark uphill driveway that gets a bit overgrown sometimes. Brighter lights might help.

Any suggestions?

My next issue is in the comfort settings of the Uconnect, there is an option to turn on the heated seats/wheel upon start, autostart or All starts. I have selected ALL.

It doesn't work.

I have tried it with both the heated wheel and seats turned on then shut off the engine and tried it with them off. Nothing changes, when I start the vehicle the options are not turned on. If I go back into the Uconnect settings it shows "ALL" being selected so it doesn't seem to be a memory issue. And they do work when manually selected.

I had a 2015 Challenger with these same options and they always worked flawlessly.

Am I missing something on the Truck itself?

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Heated options only come on below 40 degrees.

BigHorn has Quad lights not projectors. Buy a set of projectors and HIDs and enjoy a huge upgrade.

OP
OP
G

Gormly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Heated options only come on below 40 degrees.

BigHorn has Quad lights not projectors. Buy a set of projectors and HIDs and enjoy a huge upgrade.

Thank you, I just encountered this. It just went under 40 in my garage, I guess due to having it open for so long this morning and I tried it again literally seconds after posting this and they worked. LOL, I am an idiot.

I also took my laptop out with me and looked at the headlights and the options online, totally different, I get it now.

I did notice a few comments on the top options though saying they looked great but performance was negligible and I am not interested in an up to 500 dollar upgrade.

Do you have a suggestion on which replacement bulbs to get?

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I can't speak too much on that... maybe SilverStars? I know it is highly advised against to put HIDs in non-projector lights.

OP
OP
G

Gormly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I can't speak too much on that... maybe SilverStars? I know it is highly advised against to put HIDs in non-projector lights.

Roger that, thanks for the help. I will stay away for now until I do more research on it.

HandyAndy09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
I just purchased a 2017 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad BigHorn

I love this truck. I have never been a truck guy but I most certainly am one now.

But I have two "issues".

First, lighting. I want the best I can get and I noticed looking through various car parts places, they are talking about "Ram 1500 without Factory Projector Headlights" I checked my sticker, not a word about the headlights, so I assume this is an option (factory projector) not on my truck.

Should I aftermarket upgrade the lights? Is it better? I want the best lights I can get but not at the expense of ******* other drivers off (lol). I mean they do not seem all that weak but I have a seriously long and exceedingly dark uphill driveway that gets a bit overgrown sometimes. Brighter lights might help.

Any suggestions?

My next issue is in the comfort settings of the Uconnect, there is an option to turn on the heated seats/wheel upon start, autostart or All starts. I have selected ALL.

It doesn't work.

I have tried it with both the heated wheel and seats turned on then shut off the engine and tried it with them off. Nothing changes, when I start the vehicle the options are not turned on. If I go back into the Uconnect settings it shows "ALL" being selected so it doesn't seem to be a memory issue. And they do work when manually selected.

I had a 2015 Challenger with these same options and they always worked flawlessly.

Am I missing something on the Truck itself?

“All” option means all options of start(Remote and with the key) will turn heat on, I’m also looking for place where it changes witch seats you want to be on , can’t find it. I remember to change them in the spring but can’t find the menu now, there are some menu options available only when car is in park some when in run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tylerlewis_89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I put some led in my quad low beams they work nice

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
“All” option means all options of start(Remote and with the key) will turn heat on, I’m also looking for place where it changes witch seats you want to be on , can’t find it. I remember to change them in the spring but can’t find the menu now, there are some menu options available only when car is in park some when in run.

can you choose what seats come on automatically? i thought it was just drivers.

JPT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Mine seems to come on based on what I leave on when I shut the truck off. If I leave the passenger side on, then it will come on with the remote start.

HandyAndy09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
can you choose what seats come on automatically? i thought it was just drivers.

Yes you can, there was a menu where you tics off which one you want to be on and what level when vehicle starts , but for whatever reason can’t find it now, I have changed it in spring time for passenger and steering wheel stay off and driver just half power. Then in summer Shut it off completely. Now can’t find it anywhere.

JPT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yes you can, there was a menu where you tics off which one you want to be on and what level when vehicle starts , but for whatever reason can’t find it now, I have changed it in spring time for passenger and steering wheel stay off and driver just half power. Then in summer Shut it off completely. Now can’t find it anywhere.

Must be model specific... On mine the seat warmers always come on Hi when activated. I get in and I have to quickly turn it down to low or my back will be dripping wet.